At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
As a result, we continue to invest heavily in being the premier technology employer in Northern New England. We are 100% employee-owned which gives us the unique opportunity to combine shared equity with empowerment to create an incredible career development opportunity.
Our Help Desk Team is seeking a full-time Help Desk Technician to join our talented and growing team of IT Professionals. Our Help Desk plays a critical customer facing role in the ongoing experience and delivery of our Managed IT Services, providing end-user technical software, hardware, and network support for clients via telephone and email requests. Technicians quickly assess end-user’s issues and work both independently and with teammates to provide support and problem resolution in a timely manner.
We are looking for a customer-focused, exceptional communicator & problem-solver, who can deliver high quality & timely technical solutions through effective troubleshooting and triage.
- Provide front line technical support to end users on system and application support. Identify, research, troubleshoot, and resolve software problems.
- Coordinate with the Engineering teams, customer teams, and other technology vendors to ensure effective support of new or existing technology solutions.
- Continuously learn and share information with the team, implement improvements and automation to help the team be effective and efficient in end-user support.
- Assist the delivery of client training in new software and/or technologies.
- Accurately update and maintain client documentation within the Client Documentation database.
- Provide technical and process assistance as needed.
- Escalate unresolved issues expeditiously to others when deemed appropriate.
- Adheres to strict confidentiality policies with respect to client information being accessed, processed, or stored.
What We’re Looking For:
- Two years’ related experience in a high-volume professional service help desk environment with a demonstrated understanding of networking technology and basic knowledge of troubleshooting.
- Strong experience communicating with end-users on the phone & email, ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders, and can defuse potential or actual difficult situations.
- Experience solving problems on various user technology platforms, including server and desktop versions of Windows, Mac OS, and various mobile technologies.
- Knowledge of these technologies:
- Desktop hardware and software applications, network printing, and anti-virus/anti-malware.
- Current versions of Microsoft Windows, Office Suite, and Office 365.
- Windows Server administration & experience working with Microsoft Azure desired.
- Some exposure to Microsoft Exchange, Citrix XenDesktop, VMware, Cisco Telephony Software, network switching and firewall platforms, various replication and backup platforms, and remote desktop technology.
- High attention to detail, ability to think critically and analytically when it comes to researching problems and identifying potential solutions.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks & projects effectively.
- A passion for new technology and a track record of continuous learning.
- Due to the nature of our business and the requirements of ITAR regulations, this role may require access to controlled information and technology. Candidates must be U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents and be willing to undergo a thorough background check as part of the employment process.
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering has three office locations: Our Portland, Maine office is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland. Our Portland office is positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants. Our Pineland Farms office is situated amidst the green, rolling hills of New Gloucester, Maine. Our New Hampshire office is located in the Brady Sullivan Tower just steps from downtown Manchester. Systems Engineering has repeatedly been voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work. We pride ourselves on being active in the community and are proud to be employee-owned. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the future of the company.
- Employee Ownership (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs including onsite health coaching, onsite fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility and professional development, with training and certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Hybrid Workplace - a mix of onsite and remote work opportunities available.
- Free paid parking in either downtown Portland (just a couple blocks from our office), Pineland Farms, or at our New Hampshire Office.
Systems Engineering values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.