Through our shared values and culture of professional team service, we engage and inspire the Aggie Network to support Texas Aggies and perpetuate the Aggie Spirit. We are seeking an individual to join a highly motivated team in selflessly advancing The Association of Former Students’ noble mission by serving in a key supporting role on our Development team.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate skill in and devotion to providing premier customer service, a high level of attention to detail, and strong organizational skills to effectively and efficiently manage multiple efforts at a time. The Development Assistant will demonstrate the persistence to effectively contribute as an individual, while also collaborating with teammates to achieve our overall vision, mission, and goals.
- Provides daily administrative support to the Development team.
- Delivers exceptional customer service through correspondence with prospects and donors by email, phone and mail.
- Drafts, proofreads, corrects and produces correspondence.
- Coordinates the scheduling of prospect and donor engagement opportunities, including but not limited to individual donor visits, football pre-game receptions and baseball suite hosting, and assists with hosting prospects and donors.
- Maintains calendars and other necessary scheduling materials for the Director of Development.
- Makes travel arrangements, prepares travel itineraries and assembles all travel materials.
- Identifies and researches donor prospects and prepares necessary materials to assist with prospect outreach.
- Greets guests and answers inbound calls for the Development team.
- Maintains integrity of donor records through biographical updates and contact reports.
- Prepares expense reports, mileage reports, vouchers, entertainment reports, and other forms.
- Provides support to the Director of Development for home game days and donor events.
- Orders and maintains inventory of supplies and promotional items for the Development team.
- Provides office support for special events as needed.
- Assists with incoming phone calls and visitor inquiries.
- Assists with preparation of materials for quarterly Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Attends events in support of the Vice President and Director of Development or on behalf of The Association as needed.
Participates and provides input on various Association-wide activities:
- Actively contributes toward efforts to achieve our culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Provides on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participates on internal event teams and task committees.
- Participates in Association events, including but not limited to Aggie Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association:
- Meets our Team Expectations.
- Supports The Association’s marketing, communications, and branding initiatives.
- Fosters relationships with students, former students, parents, faculty, staff, and friends of Texas A&M.
- Attends external events in support of the Director of Development or on behalf of The Association, as directed.
Other duties as assigned:
This description of expected duties is neither all-inclusive nor permanent. Employees may be required to take on additional duties without notice.
The Association of Former Students is a team, and each member of the team is important to the overall success of the organization. To achieve our goals and mission, each team member will:
- Display a positive, customer-focused attitude and treat all individuals with courtesy and respect.
- Manage each customer experience with the highest level of service and enthusiasm. Seek opportunities to exceed expectations and develop lasting relationships.
- Make innovative contributions by proactively challenging current practices and suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Contribute to our team environment by being a productive, supportive and reliable teammate. Take responsibility for their actions and the outcomes produced.
- Lead with a positive example and in doing so, inspire others to fulfill the expectations of our team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required: Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Sound judgment and utmost discretion. Ability to work effectively with a variety of unique personalities and individuals. Ability to use standard office equipment and software, and proficiency in Microsoft Office. Texas driver’s license and ability to safely operate a motor vehicle.
Preferred: Experience in Salesforce CRM software or analogous customer relation management systems.
Strong commitment to the mission and vision of The Association of Former Students, with the ability and desire to advocate for the organization and Texas A&M University. High energy level and intrinsic motivation. Occasional travel, including overnight stays, weekends, and evenings, in support of Association events.
Required: One year in a professional office setting as administrative assistant or equivalent.
Preferred: Two+ years in a professional office setting as administrative assistant or equivalent.
Required: High school graduate or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Received: Director of Development.