Weaver's Way in Ambler is looking for a Wellness Buyer to join the team! The Wellness Buyer is responsible for maintaining product knowledge, bringing in items that match Weavers Way's product philosophy, and providing great customer service.
- Greet customers in a friendly manner
- Treat customers fairly, consistently, and with respect
- Respond quickly and courteously to all requests and complaints from customers and work to ensure that all customers feel satisfied after any interactions
- Become familiar with co-op policies and products in order to answer customer questions; refer unresolved questions to the appropriate colleague
- Be able to discuss membership with prospective members
- Assist customers with special orders
- Supervise cooperators as needed
- Develop relationships with new and existing vendors and vendor representatives.
- Place product orders.
- Research new products and product lines.
- Negotiate pricing and terms with vendors.
- Arrange for samples and demos with vendors.
Product Knowledge & Responsibility
- Develop strong knowledge of products
- Stock and face product as necessary to maintain orderly, attractive displays
- Oversee back stock in the store room and other areas for proper rotation, storage, and timeliness of display
- Create displays for merchandise
- Maintain signs and ensure legibility and accuracy
- Advise the appropriate manager of product, equipment, and customer issues
- Observe all Weavers Way policies and procedures
- Attend departmental and all-staff meetings as scheduled
- Assist with quarterly inventories
- Answer phones, as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor
Founded in 1973, Weavers Way is a community-owned natural grocer with stores in Mt. Airy, Chestnut Hill, and Ambler. In addition to our stores, we run a market farm in the Awbury Arboretum, a CSA farm partnership with Saul High School, our own community newspaper, and a non-profit which emphasizes food and nutrition education. We operate based on a triple bottom line philosophy that considers our community and environment in all of our decisions.