Job Title Code: RESAIDE
The purpose of this position is to provide direct care to residents, following an individual service plan, under the supervision of a licensed nurse, in accordance with facility policies and procedures and report resident needs and concerns to a licensed nurse.
Essential Job Functions – Principal Accountabilities
- Provides for resident’s personal hygiene and daily living. This may include providing and clearing bedpans and urinals, providing baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves, and assisting residents with showers. Assists with meals and feeds residents. Ambulates, turns and positions residents. Provides hydration and nourishment between meals.
- Works effectively as a team member in the delivery of care. Maintains good working relations with nursing unit staff and other facility employees through appropriate communication.
- Instills confidence in residents by maintaining a neat appearance and performing duties in a competent and caring manner. Reports observations of residents to the nurse caring for the resident to ensure professional assessment.
- Maintains resident records daily in a timely manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly environment for the residents
Other Job Functions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local regulations
- Oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Skills to observe resident condition
- Must display positive attitude and concern for others
- Must be stress tolerant, self-motivated, cooperative, team-orients, and dependable.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Stand, traverse, ascend/descend stairs, move/transport carts weighing over 100 pounds, transport tools/equipment, grasp and manipulate tools/equipment to set up. Occasionally move equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Move resident as necessary, stretch, bend, stoop, squat, twist, crouch, kneel, and balance to access all resident body parts, observe skin color, detect vital signs and equipment alarms/messages.
- Operate computer, read, remain in a stationary position, converse with others.
- Legibly complete forms; perform data entry of information. Remain in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Converse with others, write legibly, read and comprehend written/verbal information. Communicate instructions or demonstrate tasks.
- Lift and carry up to 35 pounds frequently; up to 75 pounds occasionally.
- Stand and walk frequently, sit for extended periods; simple grasp; fine hand manipulation; near vision; far vision; hear conversation; speak.
Education: High school diploma or GED, or equivalent is required.
Experience: Experience performing the essential functions of the position is desirable.
Certification/License: Candidates are required to attain and maintain CPR certification within 90 days after hire. State background check standards must be maintained as a condition of continued employment.