Pay Range: $24.25-$35.25/hr
Status: Full-Time Year-Round (non-exempt)
The Base Area Assistant Manager assists the Base Area Manager with overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Arapahoe Basin Base Area by managing the staff and guest arrival/departure experience which includes parking, shuttle buses, snow removal, detailed grounds maintenance, and guest success.
The Arapahoe Basin Base Area Operations has a lot of independence. We cover a lot of ground, run a variety of machines, and are fortunate to interact with every ski area department. Not to mention the fun we have of meeting and chatting with people from every part of the world, all while being outside in the fresh Rocky Mountain air!
Apply now and be part of THE LEGEND!
Benefits and Perks for this position include:
- Unlimited skiing/riding at Arapahoe Basin and 20 other Colorado ski areas and resorts
- Free, transferrable A-Basin comp lift tickets earned for every 120 hours worked
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance for full-time employees beginning on the 1st of the month following the date of hire
- 401(k) for eligible employees
- Paid time off for all full-time employees
- Sick pay and bereavement pay for all employees
- End-of-year bonus for all employees
- Financial assistance and mental health resources through WorkLife Partnership
- Much more! Check out all of our perks and benefits here!
- Assist in managing a team of up to 25 department personnel
- Assist the manager with scheduling, coaching, training, hiring, goal-setting, performance evaluations, guest relations, problem-solving, and employee relations
- Oversee all aspects of snow removal, parking, and shuttle operations
- Maintain a safe and effective guest and employee experience
- Oversee the overall guest arrival experience from parking lots to the base area
- Be highly knowledgeable about ski area operations to efficiently and effectively assist guests
- Provide or find accurate answers to questions and concerns
- Be responsible for snow removal in the base area, parking lots, and roofs
- Work closely with the sustainability manager to coordinate trash, recycling, and compost removal using sustainable and environmentally friendly practices.
- Be responsible for general maintenance; promote neat, clean, and orderly grounds, parking lots, facilities, and decks
- Coordinate parking, paid parking, and shuttle buses daily
- Work closely with all other A-Basin departments for winter and summer maintenance
- Develop, organize, manage, and document training materials and safety topics with the oversight of the Base Area Manager and Risk Manager.
- Assist the manager with the recruiting and onboarding process.
- Hold employees accountable for abiding by the procedures outlined in department training materials and safety topics
- Enforce company and department policies by holding employees accountable by these policies.
- Be responsible for proper operation and scheduled maintenance of base area vehicles
- Keep a good working relationship with outside agencies such as Sherriff Department, CDOT, Summit County EMS and CAIC
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of experience working in Base Area Operations or related work/field
- At least 1 year of previous supervisory experience
- Ability to perform physical labor in a winter outdoor environment
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate a snow blower
- Competency in skid steer operations for snow removal
- Basic understanding of loader operations for snow removal
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to shovel, ice chip, and operate small tools (drills, saws, etc.)
- Ability to comfortably work at heights of up to 20 feet off the ground in a harness for rooftop snow removal
- Ability to work in a high-alpine environment with cold temperatures and slick surfaces
- Available to work weekends and holidays
- Available to arrive at work early in the morning, often before 7:00 AM
- Pass a Motor Vehicle Record background check periods
- This position will work outdoors in a high-alpine environment in all types of weather conditions. Additionally, it will consistently operate or work around noisy machinery. There is an extremely high amount of guest interaction in this role.