Provides nutrition services to WIC applicants and participants.
- Provides nutrition care to high-risk women, infants and children under the supervision of the senior nutritionist, including all aspects of: Anthropometric and hematological data collection; dietary assessment, nutritional risk assessment and food package prescription; Nutrition and breastfeeding counseling and education; documentation and data entry; referrals to other health and social services; follow-up nutrition education.
- Participates in planning, development and evaluation of: educational materials and group nutrition education sessions; participant counseling and education strategies; nutrition in-services and outreach activities; nutrition policies.
- Assists senior nutritionist in: training paraprofessional WIC staff; conducting quality assurance activities.
- Communicates with health care community on issues pertaining to participant needs.
- Provides nutrition care for low-risk applicants and participants as needed.
- Performs other duties as needed, including: assisting in the training of CPA Is and IIs; quality assurance activities