Matrix-NDI is looking for a Network Engineer that can plan, lead and execute network installation projects independently. The engineer should be confident and decisive. The engineer will Design, implement, and manage the local and wide area networks for customer network. Duties will include establishing wireless networks, developing large LAN networks, and improving cyber security with best practices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead internal and customer facing project meetings.
- Design, configure and install all LAN/WLAN/WAN/VPN systems.
- Designing core switching and routing architectures for customers in data centers
- Configuring and deploy 802.1x WLAN services.
- Configure and deploy Network Management Software and Network Access Control solutions.
- Be an effective communicator to our end customers.
- Work together as a team with sales, project managers, dispatch, management, and other voice and data technicians/engineers to reach the common goal for the customer.
- Upgrade, update, and backup all data equipment regularly and according to each customers maintenance contract
- Take the initiative to continue training in all aspects of the job as time allows.
- Teach and mentor fellow technicians.
- Associate or bachelor's de in IT, Business, or related field.
- 5+ years programming routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless solutions.
- Strong understanding of VLANs, Static/BGP routing, ELRP, QoS, LLDP, MLAG, SMLT, VRRP.
- Willingness to accept a challenge and/or work on different network manufacturing gear.
- Have an advanced understanding of data infrastructure cabling including CAT6, wall jacks, patch panels, and fiber optics.
- Ability to work independently and work outside the box to come up with a solution for any given situation.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Ability to work well under high pressure situations.
- Great customer service skills.
- CCNA, CWNA, Network+, or similar certifications
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Life Insurance
- Referral Bonus
This role will be mainly project based with some support ticket troubleshooting. Your working environment will consist of a hybrid structure, splitting time between the office, our customers’ sites and home. You will work in an open-concept lab environment at the office for hardware staging. Customer sites may be under construction or be fully furnished. Some work at night and on weekends will be required, due to after-hours cutovers, upgrades, or on-call support. Some travel will also be required for out-of-state customers.
Ability to climb ladders and lift heavy equipment (up to 50 pounds)
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
Matrix NDI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination against race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.