To configure, install, service, and maintain switches, routers, firewalls and wireless systems for our customers. This position is to provide excellent customer experience from start to finish and assist with all customer needs after the sale.
- Configure and install routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless access points for customer networks.
- Attend project meetings with internal co-workers and customers.
- Stage hardware for projects.
- Work with customers after the installation to ensure their needs are met and the network is running efficiently.
- Be an effective communicator via email and phone to be sure that the complex data technology is easy to use for the customer contact and all end users.
- Work together as a team with sales, project managers, dispatch, management, and other voice and data technicians to reach the common goal for the customer.
- Work closely with the customer IT team to ensure everything is working how they feel it should.
- Upgrade, update, and backup all data equipment regularly and according to each customer’s maintenance contract.
- Take the initiative to continue training in all aspects of the job as time allows.
- Assist fellow technicians and share your knowledge as needed.
- At least 2 years practicing computer networking.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Technology savvy and ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Great customer service skills
- Have a basic understanding of infrastructure data cabling including CAT6, RJ-45, wall jacks, patch panels, and fiber optics.
- Any certifications on data technology such as routers, switches, servers, firewalls, and wireless access points
- CCNE, CCNA, Network+, or similar
Under the direction of the engineers, you will assist in projects and help with routine service tickets that come in from our customers. Your working environment will consist of a hybrid structure, splitting time between the office, our customers’ sites and home. You will work in an open-concept lab environment at the office for hardware staging. Customer sites may be under construction or be fully furnished. Some work at night and on weekends will be required, due to after-hours cutovers, upgrades, or on-call support. Some travel will also be required for out-of-state customers.
Ability to climb ladders and lift heavy equipment (up to 50 pounds)
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Matrix NDI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without discrimination against race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.