The Café Food and Beverage Manager supervises and coordinates the daily activities of café staff, engaged in preparing and serving food and beverages. This position directs and participates in the preparation and cooking of foods, as well as planning and pricing menu items, ordering supplies and keeping records and accounts. The Café Food and Beverage Manager encourages and builds cooperation among team members, communicates with other departments and delivers service in a prompt, courteous, professional and efficient manner. They manage with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promotes Harvest’s culture, values and mission.
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food and beverage preparation and serving, and building maintenance in dining facilities.
- Monitor food and beverage preparation methods, portion sizes, garnishing and presentation are executed in an acceptable manner.
- Coordinate assignments to ensure food and beverages are prepared in an economical and prompt manner.
- Instruct cooks or other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, or presentation of food.
- Ensure that customers are satisfied with their dining experience.
- Serve customers, handle complaints, settle disputes and resolve grievances.
- Train, develop, direct and coach team members to deliver excellent service and quality products.
- Schedule and receive food and beverage deliveries, check delivery contents to verify products quality and quantity.
- Monitor budgets and review financial transactions to ensure that expenditures are authorized and budgeted.
- Maintain food, beverage and equipment inventories, and keep inventory records.
- Establish and maintain standards for personnel performance and customer service.
- Supervise, schedule staff hours and assign duties.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Physical requirements with or without accommodation include: Ability to lift up to 50 lbs consistently, repetitive hand and foot motions, prolonged standing, walking, kneeling, bending, stooping, climbing, crawling, squatting, and reaching.
- Duties are not exhaustive and are subject to change at any time.
- Must be 18 years old or older to apply.
Salary Range: $20.00 - $24.00 Per Hour.