Are you a detail-oriented professional with a passion for accurate payroll processing and a knack for implementing and refining processes? Join our team as a Payroll Specialist and ensure seamless payroll operations for the wonderful staff of Providence. Ensure that payroll records, deductions, and other taxes are up-to-date and that employees are paid accurately in a timely manner on a semi-monthly schedule. Manage accounting tasks within the Finance Department that relate to personnel. Impact every level of this organization with your precision, problem-solving, and excellent communication.
This is a full-time Monday -Friday role. Possibility for partial remote schedule.
A Payroll Specialist
- Has a High School diploma; Associate's degree preferred
- Has at least 1 year experience processing payroll
- Familiar with computerized payroll systems; Paylocity experience is a plus!
Your Responsibilities as a Payroll Specialist
- Process payroll on time and with precision, including tax calculations, deductions, and benefits
- Compile and organize payroll data, such as garnishments, PTO balances, insurance, and 401(k) deductions
- Ensure the accuracy of time clock information by reviewing electronic time clock data
- Collaborate with supervisors to resolve time clock errors and discrepancies
- Manage electronic employee files and payroll reports in our paperless filing system
- Work closely with HR and Accounting Manager for 401(k) filing requirements, HRIS/payroll software processes (Paylocity) and to audit payroll information
- Responsible for monitoring equipment usage and expenditures
- Continuously evaluate payroll processes and recommend improvements for enhanced efficiency
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of payroll software advancements and wage/tax law changes. Mastery in Paylocity is a plus!
- Communicate effectively with staff to answer payroll or payroll software-related questions
Full Description available upon request.