Counter Culture Coffee was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in Durham, NC, with regional offices in 12 major cities across the country. Counter Culture Coffee has been continuously innovating in the coffee industry and we’re looking for passionate, dynamic, diverse team members to help us expand our efforts.
Counter Culture Coffee is:
- Quality Coffee | We continue to cultivate relationships with growers and organizations around the world in order to build trust, improve quality, and foster transparency.
- Education | We believe the pursuit of coffee perfection includes educating ourselves, our partners, and our customers about the coffee supply chain and the best methods of preparation.
- Sustainability | Our commitment to affecting positive change in every community to which we are connected is driven by our belief that we can–and should–always strive to improve upon the present.
- Transparency | We are committed to sustainability and holding ourselves and our peers accountable for creating a more sustainable future for coffee.
The Finance Director is a key leader in the company, responsible for the company’s financial reporting and forecasting/planning processes. The role is a key financial leader driving business performance through monthly operating rhythms, the company’s Annual Operating Plan as well as the creation of the strategic 5-yr plan. The Finance Director is a central point for the planning and analysis of potential acquisitions, growth, and other enterprise level projects as well as initiatives. You will work closely with the executive team to provide strategic insights and support decision-making processes based on financial data and analysis. Your role will be critical in helping the company achieve its financial goals and objectives. This role will report to the President/Owner.
- Oversee all accounting operations, financial reporting and overall accounting and finance policies.
- Lead the development and implementation of the organization's financial planning processes, including annual budgeting, forecasting, and long-term financial planning.
- Develop monthly reports, financial dashboards, provide analytics/develop narrative for consolidated results while assisting in the collection of the regional metrics and dashboards.
- Collaborate with LOB leaders to create & improve processes, ensuring efficiency & financial accuracy.
- Identify trends, risks, and opportunities based on financial analysis to support strategic decision-making.
- Conduct comprehensive financial analysis and modeling to evaluate business performance, profitability, and financial health
- Prepare and present regular financial reports, including analyses, key performance indicators (KPIs), financial bridges, and financial metrics to senior management.
- Provide insightful recommendations and actionable strategies to improve financial performance and efficiency.
- Calculate complex savings calculations and pro forma impacts associated with plant consolidations, changes in manufacturing methodologies, and acquisition synergies.
- Develop and maintain accurate financial forecasts and models to support short-term and long-term business planning.
- Identify and assess financial risks, develop risk mitigation strategies, and provide recommendations for improving financial resilience.
- Training and development of accounting and finance team
All interested applicants must complete the Culture Index Survey to be considered for an interview. Please complete the survey here: https://go.cultureindex.com/s/0Syt6CsUpy
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in accounting / financial analysis
- Exceptional analytic and critical thinking skills with an ability to clarify and communicate results.
- Experience working in ERP systems (NetSuite)
- Ability to manage complex problems and drive sustainable data-based solutions.
- Change management skill sets to institutionalize lasting improvements through the organization.
- Indirect leadership and communication skills enabling the candidate to lead cross-functional teams for optimization projects and other initiatives.
- Situational leadership with the ability to step into detail and drive actions, as necessary.
- Skills/proficiency in: Excel, Microsoft Access, PowerBI and other standard analytical software
- Advanced modeling skills required, will focus on long range planning/project proforma development
Physical Aspects of this Position:
The physical activity of this position:
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities must convey detailed or critical verbal instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the
- discriminations in sound.
- The physical requirements of this position.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- Studies long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
- Identifies opportunities for expansion into new product areas.
- Oversees investment of funds and works with investment bankers to raise additional capital required for expansion.
The visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception, and field vision:
- The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position:
- None. The employee is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in a typical office or administrative work).
90 Day Goals:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Counter Culture Coffee culture.
- Develop an understanding of the company's financial performance and challenges.
- Assist with developing the Annual Operating Plan
- Be familiar with and demonstrate an understanding of Great Game of Business (GGOB)
- Build vital relationships with key stakeholders.