Who We Are:
FFB is an award-winning, single-branch bank that originated in Fresno, CA. Since its opening in 2005, FFB’s mission has been to provide customers with 1st class banking services. At FFB, we understand that every person who walks through our doors is unique. Therefore, we strive to provide each customer with a carefully crafted banking solution that is tailored to their individual needs. It's with this customer-first mentality that FFB has become one of the leading community banks in the nation.
Despite being headquartered in Fresno, CA, members of the FFB team come from all over the country! Since we believe that people are our greatest asset, we are always seeking ambitious, passionate candidates who share FFB’s goals and values regardless of where they live. If you feel that you could be a great addition to our team, then we encourage you to reach out and apply!
Recent Awards and Recognitions:
- Voted Best Bank by Best of Central California People's Choice 2022
- Rated the #10 Community Bank in the Nation
- Ranked #6 on American Banker’s Top Publicly Traded Community Banks List 2022
What You Should Expect While Working at FFB:
- Company ownership through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- A friendly, close-Knit work culture that encourages growth
- Opportunities to Participate in Community Networking Events
- Benefits Package
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Training & Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Internal Job Posting & Referral Program
FFB prides itself on its core values of Teamwork, Relationship, Authenticity, and Commitment (TRAC). We expect that our team members will reflect these values in the workplace in various ways:
- Teamwork – We collaborate, hold each other accountable, and win together.
- Relationship – We are trustworthy, transparent, and respectful.
- Authentic – We are humble, vulnerable, and we speak up.
- Commitment – We are owners...Be hungry, responsive, and have a sense of urgency.
Employment with FFB will allow you to earn competitively, grow professionally and enjoy a collaborative and compassionate culture that rewards good ideas, good work, and initiative.
The Jr. Portfolio Manager is responsible for managing their assigned credit portfolio and generating new credit relationships. In general these responsibilities will include ensuring that credits are in compliance with all federal and state banking regulations and with Bank policies and procedures; reviews existing credit files and new credit applications for completeness of information, and compliance with existing covenants. This position will also perform underwriting, structuring, pricing, closing and servicing of credit transactions; maintains good customer relations and refers customers to appropriate staff for new services. May assist Senior Management with on-going credit portfolio management tasks and special projects.
- Responsible for interviewing prospective applicants and requests for specified information related to loan or credit application; corresponds or re-interviews applicants to resolve questions regarding application information.
- Perform pre-qualification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within framework of Bank policies and procedures and current economic and industry trends.
- Gather and analyze all information necessary to present a financing request to Senior Management or Loan Committee for approval.
- Coordinate with Credit Administration and Note Department the processing of approved loans and ensures loans are processed according to credit approvals and conform to state and federal regulations and Bank policies and procedures; will obtain sufficient information and/or documentation from customers for loan closings; assists Loan Officers with problems relative to processing and servicing of loans.
- File review, underwriting, and processing of renewals and annual financial updates of credit facilities.
- Preparation of commitment, engagement, collection, servicing, and decline letters.
- Contribute to the overall profitability of the Bank through costs controls and income generation.
- Reinforce the application of superior customer service through his or her own example along with appropriate follow through with involved customers and employees.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of financial industry, economy, market conditions, rates, vendors and competition.
- Prudent portfolio management practices such as obtaining and analyzing updated financial information, track credit covenants, recommend loans grades.
- Cross sell the Bank’s other products and services, refer customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
- Participate in various internal committees assigned by Senior Management.
- Provide support to all areas of the Bank where service or assistance is needed.
- Assume responsibility for special projects; gather data and prepare reports for Senior Management, audits and other personnel.
- Process, solve and answer complex customer transactions, problems or inquiries.
- Assumes responsibility for various Bank functions in the absence of staff members or in overload situations.
- Consistently exhibits company values in interactions with associates and customers. Teamwork; keeps commitments. Relationship; inspires the trust of others. Authentic, works ethically and with integrity. Commitment; resourceful and responsive with pride of ownership.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; show respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educate others on the value of diversity; promote working environment free of harassment of any type; build a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Follow policies and procedures; complete administrative tasks correctly and on time; support the Bank’s goals and values; benefits the bank through outside activities.
- Perform the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent from an accredited college or university; 2 years related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a financial analyzing or lending background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Knowledge in financial statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
- Intermediate knowledge and training in all lending activities and terminology.
- Intermediate knowledge of commercial, construction, real estate and consumer loan processing.
- Intermediate knowledge of related state and federal lending and compliance regulations, and other Bank lending policies.
- Basic knowledge of branch operation procedures.
- Knowledge of Bank products and services.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Intermediate knowledge in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; word processing, spreadsheet and specialty software programs.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Advanced math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Basic verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
- Current California driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.