Stavros is seeking a candidate to fulfill a Full Time (35 Hours per Week) Benefits Eligible
Independent Living Advocate Position Specializing in: Home Sweet Home & Options Counseling
Bilingual (English/ Spanish preferred)
An excellent fit for the Home Sweet Home aspect of this position is an energetic person with a passion for helping people with disabilities maintain their independence and remain in their homes. You would be working to fulfill the Stavros mission by aiding and advocating persons with disabilities to identify their personal goals and utilize resources and training(s) to achieve their outlined goals.
The IL Advocate for this position will also be specializing in Options Counseling, which also involves community education, outreach, and systems advocacy regarding disability rights and access in the community to best support the Stavros mission.
Stavros offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Affordable Medical plans (Stavros pays 79%),
- Affordable Dental (Stavros pays 80%),
- Vision (Employee paid once monthly starting at $8.34)
- LTD & Life insurance (Stavros pays 100%)
- 403B retirement options,
- FSA, Employee Assistance Program,
- 14 Paid Holidays off, PTO accruals
Stavros embraces applicants with diverse backgrounds and as an Equal Opportunity Employer, persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE
Duties and Responsibilities include:
· Check emails frequently for referrals and document these referrals and follow up within one business day.
· To arrange an initial face-to-face visit or phone call with a consumer and provide contact information.
· To attend the first meeting with the consumer and family within three (3) to five (5) business days of accepting the referral.
· Provide information to consumers about their choices of community services, rights, and responsibilities.
· Provide technical assistance to people with disabilities or their families related to home modifications.
· Coordinate services related to home modifications.
- Must have personal experience with disabilities.
- Possess or develop knowledge of community resources dedicated that assist people with disabilities to live in the community.
- Commitment to the independent living philosophy.
- Must Have a Valid Massachusetts Driver's License and Reliable Transportation with proof of Auto Insurance if applicable.
- Ability to travel within our service area.
- Ability to learn and educate others about services.