The Cleaning Supervisor is responsible for the efficient management and maintenance of cleaning of APM's offices and facilities. The Cleaning Supervisor is fully accountable for the day-to-day operations of all cleaning staff, overseeing their work and ensuring the cleanliness of APM facilities. Additionally, the Cleaning Supervisor will comply with established policies and procedures and not take action contrary to such guidelines without approval from their Director.
Cleaning Supervisor duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel.
- Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training instruction, counseling and leadership.
- Plan weekly/daily maintenance staff schedules and assignments.
- Administer action plans consistently, and on a timely basis with performance problems.
- Document appropriately, communicate situation with Manager.
- Provide support to staff to encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment.
- Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled on a timely basis (i.e., performance evaluations, time sheets, change of status forms, etc.).
- Assess personnel competency in various disciplines (i.e. electric, plumbing. Cleaning, etc.)
- Cleaning maintain community appearance and ensure cleaning is noted and completed on timely basis. This requires regular community inspections, tours, and ability to:
- Perform general cleaning duties to the assigned location
- Mopping the floors in cubicles, offices, community rooms, visitation rooms, restrooms, and reception and client waiting areas on a daily basis
- Vacuuming the carpet on a weekly basis, ensuring that the carpets are liter free
- Shampooing rugs and carpet on a monthly basis
- Wiping down the work station on an as needed basis
- Changing the trash liners in all trash cans and disposal of trash bags in the appropriate locations on a daily basis
- Maintain conference and board rooms; polishing the tables on a daily basis
- Maintain floors by buffing, polishing and using Viper cleaning machine
- Maintain bathroom using special equipment
- Disinfect surface areas by using Protexus Sprayers, as necessary
- Maintain the employee break room and community lunchroom
- Maintain a neat and clean external entrance and common and dumpster areas
- Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies
- Follow guidelines of the work code of ethics by maintaining the confidentiality of clients
- Be receptive to open lines of communication with director and staff
- Perform all other duties as requested by director
- Timely completion of all work orders SAFETY Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected immediately. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS Ability to lift more than 50 lbs. Ability to work nights and weekends Must be able to work independently with little supervision Driver license of Pennsylvania.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel and Word. The candidate must be able to prioritize and juggle multiple job functions. A strong background in maintenance, customer service, some basic knowledge of building structures. High school diploma required.
- Medical Insurance or $100/month medical insurance waiver reimbursement
- 403b retirement plan: 4% APM contribution PLUS 3% APM matching contribution
- 20 PTO Days
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Long and Short-term Disability
IMPORTANT: APM requires all new hires to obtain the following clearances: FBI, Child Abuse Clearance, Criminal Background, and Medical/TB Test.
APM is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.