The Digital Press Operator is responsible for operating Digital Press machines for printing direct mail products. This position is responsible for meeting deadlines while ensuring quality product and following strict quality control measures. This position is also responsible for efficient set-up procedures, stocking machines, troubleshooting, and performing routine maintenance on equipment.
• Set up and operate black and white and/or four color digital machines.
• Stock machines, troubleshoot, and perform light maintenance on equipment as needed.
• Monitor operations of running presses and makes necessary adjustments to meet job specifications.
• Inspect and examine printed products for print clarity, color accuracy, conformance to specifications and external defects.
• Follow strict quality control measures and pay close attention to detail.
• Must meet schedules and tight deadlines while being responsible for ensuring quality work.
• Will perform light bindery duties as needed.
• Lift and load paper stock into machines and remove printed product from machine.
• Operate pallet jacks to transport paper stock to staging areas as needed.
• Other duties as assigned
• History of performing well under pressure.
• Capable of multi-tasking.
• Individual should be mechanically inclined and possess problem-solving skills.
• Good communication and comprehension skills both written and verbal.
• Team and goal oriented.
• Must be very detailed oriented.
Preferred Education and Experience
• Experience running digital presses in a time sensitive printing and production environment.
• Traditional press room experience a plus.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
Physical Demands: Standing for extended periods and frequent lifting of up to 25 lbs. Continuous vision. Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs. Pushing/pulling up to 50 lbs. to move palletized load. Frequent reaching, twisting, and gripping up to 25 lbs. to move paper stock. Occasional crouching and use of hand tools during routine machine maintenance.