Clinical Hypertension Pharmacist – Responsible for a Remote Patient Monitoring Hypertension Management Program within a community health center.
Nuvem (formerly Apovia) is a growing pharmacy management company that establishes and manages in-house pharmacies for Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC). Nuvem will manage implementation and operations of an in-house pharmacy along with a comprehensive clinical service model. Nuvem provides customized services such as unique clinical programs per the needs and request of a FQHC. Nuvem pharmacies help patients achieve increased adherence and a positive clinical experience by integrating our pharmacy team into the FQHC’s clinician team. Our pharmacists work closely with the clinic providers to optimize patient outcomes through a complete view of the patient and collaboration in patient care.
Berks Community Health Center, Reading Pennsylvania
Hours: FT position 9-5:30 M-F
The Hypertension Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for a remote monitoring hypertension clinical program for Berks Community Health Center located in Reading Pennsylvania. Program metrics to be reported to Nuvem and Berks Community Health Center. The program is part of a National Hypertension Control Initiative (NHCI-HC).
Engage patients with uncontrolled HTN aged 18-85 to participate and enroll in the hypertension quality improvement initiative.
- Develop and maintain plan to recruit patients to distribute BP monitoring devices, train patient on their use, including saving data to their blue tooth enabled devices.
- Collaborate with primary care team on treatment recommendations while utilizing enrolled patients’ health record to develop the treatment plans
- Provide patient education on hypertension self-management and the importance of adherence to medication.
- Develop clinical protocols to improve blood pressure control in Berks Community Health Center at-risk patient population.
- Participate in training and technical assistance (T/TA) supported and available through HRSA’s National Hypertension Control Initiative Supplemental Funding for Health Centers (NHCI-HC) which may include facilitated peer learning groups, didactics, and progress evaluations.
- Participate in T/TA to improve the use of evidence-based blood pressure treatment strategies and patient monitoring.
- Ensure enrolled patient’s access to and support use of Bluetooth or wireless-enabled self-measured blood pressure (SMBP) device.
- Track and report progress on program milestones to Nuvem and Berks Community Health Center
- Current Pennsylvania Pharmacy license
- Proficient in the Spanish language preferred
- Excellent oral, written skills
- Ambulatory Care Certification preferred (BCACP) or PGY1/PGY2 completion or 5-years equivalent experience navigating health center, executing clinical program involving one-on-one patient engagement to improve clinical outcomes.
- Proficient with Microsoft 365 (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)