Welcome to Weavers Way!
Weavers Way is a not-for-profit organization that’s doing things differently to support our local community. As a member-owned co-op, we don’t exist just to make money. Weavers Way operates on a triple bottom line philosophy known as People-Planet-Profit - which means every action we take, we strive to benefit people (our community, employees, and local vendors), planet (we strive to be one of the most sustainable places around!), and profit (so we can support our team members and operate as a business). By joining us, you’re helping us fulfill our mission of keeping dollars in our local community, supporting over 300 local food vendors, and being a part of strengthening and enriching the people and planet around us.
If you have an enthusiasm for food, sustainability, or community support, we’d love to have you join the team. Weavers Way offers a variety of benefits, including very affordable medical, dental, and vision plans, a 401k with match, an employee discount, paid vacation and sick time, company-provided disability and life insurance, and more.
Join us as a Cashier
Our cashiers are integral to the customer experience. The ability to remain even-keeled, work well under pressure. maintain accuracy, and deliver top-notch customer service is a must. Previous experience in cashiering and reconciliation is strongly preferred. We are looking for someone with a flexible schedule that can work varied shifts, and can commit to working throughout the year.
- Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations.
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Bagging or wrapping purchases to ensure safe transport.
- Following all store procedures regarding coupons, gift cards, or the purchase of specific items, such as alcohol or cigarettes.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
- Commitment to the mission and goals of Weavers Way Co-operative Association
- Ability to operate cash register
- Ability to stand for entire shift (5-8 hours)
- Good math skills
- Ability to work well in a team setting
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to changing conditions
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment when necessary
- Be or become upon hiring a member in good standing of Weavers Way Co-op