Through our shared values and culture of professional team service, we engage and inspire the Aggie Network to support Texas Aggies and perpetuate the Aggie Spirit. We seek an individual to join a highly motivated team in selflessly advancing The Association of Former Students’ noble mission by providing premier customer service to current and former students on behalf of the Aggie Ring Program.
The successful candidate is highly motivated and able to perform a wide range of duties, from taking Aggie Ring orders and assisting with repairs to locating owners of found Rings and contributing to fundraising efforts in support of The Association’s mission and goals. Accuracy and attention to detail are essential, as responsibilities also include reviewing academic records and answering questions regarding Aggie Ring eligibility.
The Seasonal Aggie Ring Program Assistant will perform the same duties as a full-time Aggie Ring Program Assistant but will perform these duties during Aggie Ring order cycles that occur throughout the calendar year. This individual may work full time during Aggie Ring order sessions and may be asked to work during other heavy workload periods. Flexibility of time is a key requirement for this position.
- Assists with taking Aggie Ring orders during high volume workload periods with critical deadlines.
- Processes Aggie Ring repairs.
- Assists with locating the rightful owner of found Aggie Rings.
- Answers technical questions regarding academic requirements and Aggie Ring Program requirements, evaluates confidential records to determine Aggie Ring eligibility, and performs procedures for ordering and repairing Aggie Rings, including sizing, selection, and payment.
- Remains customer-focused in all duties.
- Answers the telephone and general email inquiries.
- Processes online orders and reviews them for accuracy.
- Prepares Aggie Ring shipments, and assists with Aggie Ring delivery procedures by unpacking, inspecting, and organizing Rings.
- Communicates Association messages during order and repair processes, including encouraging customers to become Century Club donors.
- Reviews and updates biographical information in The Association's database with each customer interaction.
- Assists the Aggie Ring Program Manager and Coordinator and performs related duties as directed.
Participates in and provides input on various Association-wide activities:
- Actively contributes toward efforts to achieve our culture, engagement, and fundraising goals.
- Provides on-site event support for Board and Leadership Council meetings.
- Participates on internal event teams and task committees.
- Participates in Association events, including but not limited to Aggie Muster, Aggie Ring Day, Reunions, Distinguished Alumni Gala, Pass It Back Day, All-Aggie Grad Party, and All-Aggie Hullabaloo, as needed.
Serves as an ambassador for The Association:
- Meets our Team Expectations.
- Supports The Association’s marketing, communications, and branding initiatives.
- Fosters relationships with students, former students, parents, faculty, staff, and friends of Texas A&M.
- Attends external events in support of the Senior Vice President or on behalf of The Association, as directed.
Other duties as assigned:
This description of expected duties is neither all-inclusive nor permanent. Employees may be required to take on additional duties without notice.
The Association of Former Students is a team, and each member of the team is important to the overall success of the organization. To achieve our goals and mission, each team member will:
- Display a positive, customer-focused attitude and treat all individuals with courtesy and respect.
- Manage each customer experience with the highest level of service and enthusiasm. Seek opportunities to exceed expectations and develop lasting relationships.
- Make innovative contributions by proactively challenging current practices and suggesting and implementing improvements.
- Contribute to our team environment by being a productive, supportive and reliable teammate. Take responsibility for their actions and the outcomes produced.
- Lead with a positive example and in doing so, inspire others to fulfill the expectations of our team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required: Sound judgment and utmost discretion. Ability to organize concurrent projects and manage time with attention to detail, while working independently with minimal supervision or collaboratively with teammates. Ability to excel in a repetitive, fast-paced environment for extended periods of time. Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with a positive and friendly attitude. Ability to work effectively with a variety of unique personalities and individuals. Ability to use standard office equipment and software, and proficiency in data entry.
Preferred: Experience in networking and fundraising. Comfortable speaking to large groups. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Demonstrated ability working with diverse populations.
Strong commitment to the mission and vision of The Association of Former Students, with the ability and desire to advocate for the organization and Texas A&M University. High energy level and intrinsic motivation.
Required: Two years in customer service with an emphasis on sales.
Preferred: Previous training and experience using Compass/Howdy.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree from Texas A&M University or equivalent combination of education and experience in customer service and general office operations.
Received: Manager of Aggie Ring Program.