Pelletron, part of the IPEG Industrial Group, is the global leading supplier for dust removal systems for plastic processors and plastics manufacturers. Besides the plastics industry, the dedusting technology is also used in the food, mineral and recycling industries. In 2003, the company began to expand into the pneumatic conveying field and developed a new pressure conveying process, trade named pellcon3®. Pelletron has a wide range of pneumatic conveying components such as rotary valves, diverter valves and shut-off valves, specially designed for conveying of pellets and powders. The Pellbow®, a special pipe elbow, another Pelletron invention, is used in the plastics industry to prevent dust and streamers in the conveying process.
The Assembly Technician is responsible for the assembly of equipment, shipping and receiving, toll cleaning support, and the maintenance of the facility. This position will report to the Operations Supervisor and is located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble all types of Pelletron components, DeDusters and other equipment used for systems;
- Pressure testing of Pellbows;
- Polish and clean DeDusters prior to shipment;
- Handling of shipping and receiving;
- Package equipment for shipping;
- Perform quality control of incoming equipment;
- Continuously check the stock equipment and keep it organized and accurate;
- Provide toll cleaning on request;
- Maintain, repair, and improve the facility equipment;
- Promote safety awareness and safe workplace practices;
- Build crates for export shipments;
- Drive various types of forklifts;
- Operate power tools, saws, drills, and pneumatic nail guns.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- High school diploma or GED; Vocational school or two-year degree preferred;
- Ability to read and interpret assembly drawings, specifications, engineering reports, parts lists, manuals, and procedures;
- Develop documents such as shipping orders;
- Ability to write routine correspondence;
- Proficient in utilizing a computer and Microsoft Office.
The IPEG Industrial Group is a family of leading brands serving the global plastics, recycling and industrial heat transfer markets. IPEG, Inc. is a corporate entity which provides best-in-class manufacturing and business support services to its brands in order to create a competitive advantage for each of the brands to drive better solutions for customers.
At IPEG, we focus on two things: Customers and Employees. And we have a saying that if we do right by both of them, everything else takes care of itself. We have formalized this into IPEG’s Purpose: To foster excellence and inspire confidence in our customers and employees.
IPEG offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, bonus plans, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, employee assistance, wellness program and employee referral bonus program.
IPEG, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and offers employment opportunities to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability (except where physical or mental abilities are a bona fide occupational requirement), veteran status, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, HIV-positive status, possession of the sickle cell trait, genetic characteristics, political views, and any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.