- The interview process for this position may include a technical presentation of the candidates current or previous projects related to the below job description and Skorpios technology, which can be found on www.Skorpiosinc.com.
The Subsystems Architect Engineer is responsible for end-to-end ownership of our optical modules. The output from this position will have a measurable impact on our company and its ability to deliver to customers. Our ideal candidate will have experience in yield analysis, final test, creating Pareto analysis of failure modes and is able to drive our engineering team to solve issues related to final test to ensure we maximize our final product yields.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential responsibilities.
- Overall Module Design Owner
- Developing and overseeing all optical test methodologies
- New component evaluations
- Design Verification Testing (DVT)
- BOM management
- Creating Pareto analysis of failure modes
- Drive improvements and maximize final product yields
- Implementation of automated test and assembly processes
- Working with engineering and production personnel to troubleshoot and provide root cause and corrective action to design and process issues
- Support production related activities in the assembly and documentation of electro-optical subsystems
- Competency in the use of computer analysis tools like JMP
- Experience with electro-optical test equipment, test automation scripting, test conduction, sensor control
- Product integration and verification experience
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated track record of success
- Able to work in a dynamic start-up environment
- Capable of delivering on aggressive goals/timelines
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
Work is primarily performed in a temperature-controlled, open cubicle or lab setting. Frequent interruptions and conversational noise can be expected.
- Constantly in a stationary position, often sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods (8 hours)
- Constantly viewing a computer monitor for prolonged periods (8 hours)
- Required to wear proper PPE and/or ESD attire when in lab setting
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science of Science in Optics, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- Ideal candidate will have optical design, system integration and test, or data analysis experience; or course work in one or more of the following areas: optical testing and alignment, digital transmission protocols, optical laboratory experience
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint to effectively communicate technical analyses and test results to a wide variety of audiences. Expected proficiency in related design tools.
Less than 25% anticipated