- The interview process for this position may include a technical presentation of the candidates current or previous projects related to the below job description and Skorpios technology, which can be found on www.Skorpiosinc.com.
Skorpios Technologies, Inc an innovator in composite silicon photonic technology and semiconductor development, is rapidly expanding. We are in search of hard-working, motivated, and innovative engineers to develop leading-edge technology solutions in a challenging and fast-paced environment. BS, MS, and Ph.D. (EE, ME, Physics, Material Science, or related fields) are sought to work on design development and commercialization of integrated nanoscale opto-electronic, and photonic devices and systems. Suitable backgrounds include: Opto-electronic device design, nanophotonics, silicon photonics, III-V materials, laser design, RF-circuits, silicon based circuit design and transistors, and Opto-electronic device packaging. Commercial experience highly preferred.
The Senior Engineer, RF Design role is responsible for supporting the development of next generation Si-Photonic Data Communications solutions in Skorpios’ Sub System engineering team. The Senior Engineer, RF Design will engage in simulation, data analysis, and product development of Module and/or Co-Packaged HPIC based products.
- Design, Model and Simulate MicroStrip / Stripline Transmission lines up 50Ghz.
- Direct HPIC Layout and PCB Layout of designed components
- RF device testing and electrical/optical s-parameter measurement and characterization
- DOE Design and Design Validation Testing
- Design Review Support and Presentation
- Design for Manufacturability (DFM).
- Using computer software to design RF components
- Ability to work in an integrated and diverse team environment.
- Ability to work with a large body of data and the necessary statistical analysis tools, and the ability to present the data and ideas to a diverse audience.
- Good communication Skills. Ability to present complex problems to internal peers as well as potential customers
- RF design circuitry skills
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with HFSS and ADS Software Design Tools
- Interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Skorpios offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
Company paid life insurance
Company paid disability (New Mexico)
Cell Phone Stipend for qualified positions
All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religious belief, national origin, marital status, physical handicap or medical condition.
- 10+ years experience
- MS or Ph.D in Electrical Engineering, Photonics or a related discipline with emphasis in optical communications and high speed optical components.
- TIA and Modulator Driver Understanding a must.
- Experience with RF design, simulation, and use of optical and electrical modeling tools such as HFSS, ADS to design electro-optical devices, Ceramic and Organic Substrates.
- Experience with RF design, simulation of 20Ghz+ Transmission Lines on Ceramic or Organic Substrates with wire bond and/or Flip Chip Bumping.
- Experience Converting Paper Designs into Layout and components either with Customer Owned Tooling, or 3rd Party Contractors.
- Experience with RF device testing, electrical/optical s-parameter measurements, familiarity with optical components testing methodology including equipment setup, algorithms and sensitivity analysis.
- Strong background with semiconductor optical devices such as laser, detectors, modulators and other integrated waveguide devices along with a working level understanding of associated electronic circuitry.
- Experience meeting development schedules, preparing design reviews, and communicating complex solutions to a multi-disciplinary team.
- Significant industrial experience in the optical components industry preferred
- JMP or Mini-Tab experience preferred