Welcome to Weavers Way!
Weavers Way is a not-for-profit organization that’s doing things differently to support our local community. As a member-owned co-op, we don’t exist just to make money. Weavers Way operates on a triple bottom line philosophy known as People-Planet-Profit - which means every action we take, we strive to benefit people (our community, employees, and local vendors), planet (we strive to be one of the most sustainable places around!), and profit (so we can support our team members and operate as a business). By joining us, you’re helping us fulfill our mission of keeping dollars in our local community, supporting over 300 local food vendors, and being a part of strengthening and enriching the people and planet.
Join Weavers Way as a Floor Clerk!
If you have an enthusiasm for food, sustainability, or community support, we’d love to have you join the team. This is a low-time position, with an anticipated 10-20 hours per week. Evening and weekend availability is required.
To succeed as a floor clerk, you should be polite, prompt, and knowledgeable. Additionally, you should be able to meet the physical demands of the position while providing customers with the best possible experience.
Floor Clerk Responsibilities:
· Receive customers and assist them with the selection of merchandise
· Greet, interact and monitor customers to assist the store in loss prevention
· Display and organize products in a store for the customers to locate easily
· Help customers in billing and payment processes at the stores counter
· Communicate information about product availability, nutritional information and ingredients
· Maintain the outlook of the store through dusting, cleaning and restocking merchandise on the shelves
· Handle record keeping and re-ordering systems
· Help with preparation for displays, trade shows and windows
· Repetitive lifting
· Stocking shelves with product
Available to work shifts:
Must be available evenings and weekends, shifts will be scheduled to meet the needs of the business
- Minimum age requirement of 18
- Ability to lift heavy items up to 50 lbs., and operate equipment, such scales, cash registers, etc.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and math skills.
- Ability to comprehend and follow all company procedures and regulations regarding food handling and sanitation.
- A courteous and efficient approach to handling customer requests, questions, and complaints.
- Be, or become upon hiring, a member in good standing of Weavers Way Co-op