The purpose of this position is to work as part of a team, operating powered industrial trucks, to facilitate all manners of production, shipping and receiving. Against the Grain is committed to making the best products possible, supporting the local economy, and making a difference for the gluten-free community.
Duties and responsibilities
· Safely Operate all our Powered Industrial Trucks (Class I, II, and III)
· Frequent operation in Freezers, Fridges, and refrigerated trailers
· Working as a team, re-stack cases, to make mixed product pallets to meet our customer’s orders
· Maintaining an accurate inventory through the use of handheld inventory devices
· Receiving, stocking, and organizing packaging and ingredients in warehouses and production areas
· Filling out logs appropriately and using inventory devices to label and track lot numbers
· Other duties as assigned by management
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 - $19.50 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brattleboro, VT 05301: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Forklift: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person
· Previous experience operating a powered industrial truck.
· Ability to take direction well.
· Ability to follow precise instructions in a timely manner.
· Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to work in a fast-pace and physically demanding job environment.
· Possession of a positive attitude
· Understanding of high-quality standards
· High Diploma/GED
This job requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Operators are required to make frequent trips in and out of freezers, but no one is required to stay inside a freezer for long durations of time. Freezer gear is available. Although the production floor has good air flow, the temperatures may be a little higher than usual due to the ovens.
· Lifting: Must be able to lift 75+ pounds from bending position; back and upper body strength required.
· Reaching/Bending: Must reach repeatedly for objects at shoulder level, or bend and reach for objects below waist level: repetitive motion.
· Grasping: Holding objects for extending periods of time: some repetitive motion is required.
· Standing/Walking: Must stand for most of workday. Must walk quickly across the facility to complete tasks in a timely manner. Our powered industrial trucks have cushion rubber mats to lessen fatigue of standing and driving for long periods of time.
· Pivoting/Rotating: Specific stations require repetitively grasping objects, with upper-body pivoting and rotating.
· Pulling/Pushing: Must pull and/or push pallets of product with weights of up to 800 pounds on a pallet jack; jack is pulled/pushed across a smooth floor with little resistance, but it does require some upper-body strength. Some of our smaller coolers require the use of a manual jack to complete pallet re-stocks.