“When your car doesn’t work, your life doesn’t work!” That’s our motto here at Pull-A-Part, and it’s the challenge that we help our customers overcome every day! We’re currently looking for happy, goal-oriented individuals, who love to assist people in solving their automotive issues, to join our team. If you are looking to grow with a customer-focused company, then our Used Car Sales Associate opportunity could be your next best career move. This base salary + commission position is great for self-starters, who enjoy building a business.
For this opportunity you will report to our Pull-A-Part store location, and you will fulfill the following job responsibilities & qualifications required for the role:
- Participate in a culture that focuses on "Safety First" & "Environmental Stewardship" and adheres to environmental, health, and safety standards.
- Perform all daily tasks with a positive attitude and a focus on the four core company values - Respect, Help, Learn & Grow.
- Prioritize the cleanliness and appearance of the facility and your work area.
- Abide by the Company Playbook, which includes all company policies, safety guidelines, and standard operating procedures (SOP's)
- Listen to and interact with customers to deliver friendly, helpful, and professional customer service.
- Manage the daily operations of the used car sales lot.
- Work with the local car buy team to locate and purchase vehicles from auto auctions, dealers, and other third parties.
- Conduct minor repairs on used cars in inventory.
- Meet personal and team performance goals.
- Comply with the company dress code policy.
- Learn new skills; assist your teammates; and complete other retail tasks as directed.
- Commitment to delivering friendly, helpful, and professional customer service.
- Experience selling vehicles.
- Experience in examining, managing, and / or processing car titles and other paperwork.
- Strong administrative & organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a face paced, team-oriented environment.
- Basic knowledge of auto parts.
- Good computer skills with the ability to navigate mobile devices.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office products, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and Document Management System (DMS) tools.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Willing and able to stand, walk, bend, lift 50lbs, and stretch as required by a specific task.
- Must work retail store hours including overtime, weekends, and some holidays.
- Be willing and able to work in an industrial environment (mainly indoors & some outdoors) with exposure to different weather conditions.
- Reliable means of transportation to work.
- Preferred qualifications (but not required) include:
- Experience managing a used car lot.
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish
Benefits for Full-Time Team Members:
- Medical Insurance - We offer low-cost medical insurance to our team members and low-cost medical insurance to their additional household members.
- Dental Insurance - We offer low-cost dental insurance to our team members and their additional household members.
- Vision Insurance - We offer low-cost vision insurance to our team members and low-cost vision insurance to their additional household members.
- Life Insurance - We offer FREE life insurance to our team members.
- 401(k) - Plan for your retirement by participating in our optional, 401K plan. Receive a 100% company match on the first 3% of your contributions and receive a 50% company match on the next 2% of your contributions.
- Paid Holidays & Vacation - We observe 9 paid holidays, and we provide each full-time team member with paid vacation time which is determined by length of service.
- On-The-Job Training – A successful team member is a confident team member. We are dedicated to educating our team and providing consistent training and development opportunities.
- Employee Referral Program – We offer a bonus of $500 to our team members who have successfully referred another team member. Ask for more information on our Employee Referral Program to confirm all qualifications that must be met.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - We offer free confidential employee assistance counseling by video, telephone & face-to-face sessions, or text with a therapist. This covers mental health, financial wellness, health, and lifestyle assessments and much more.
Pull-A-Part, with headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, is an award-winning family business serving the do-it-yourself, used auto parts market. By developing a unique operating system based on customer service and environmental responsibility, Pull-A-Part has transformed what was once thought of as the junkyard into a sustainable recycling business. Founded in 1997, Pull-A-Part operates a network of 36 used auto parts superstores nationwide – 11 of which are recently acquired U Pull & Pay store locations. The company has been acclaimed for outstanding corporate citizenship by federal, state, and local organizations.
The company has made an exceptional commitment to resource conservation, waste reduction and pollution prevention. This orientation allows Pull-A-Part to provide affordable used auto parts to do-it-yourself consumers, while providing high quality scrap metal, fluids, and plastics for recycling. Recycling diverts these materials from the waste stream and helps protect the air, water, and soil from pollution. Learn more at: https://about.pullapart.com
OUR CORE VALUES:
To be a good neighbor and steward to the communities that we serve, we are building a team with a strong foundation based on our four core values. The ideal candidate will understand the importance of (and possess) the following characteristics:
- Respect - Our team has developed a culture where every team member and customer counts! We take time each and every day to show our customers and teammates that we care about their success.
- Help - Our team members enjoy helping customers solve their automotive needs; help their store achieve daily, weekly, and monthly goals; and help their teammates accomplish their personal work & growth goals!
- Learn - We continuously train our team members to help them feel more confident in their role--we encourage our team members to ask questions to ensure they have the knowledge and resources available to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Grow - We are an all-inclusive business that supports the growth and development of our team members--we provide opportunities to learn new skills and advance your career.