WAEPA’s success relies on our people, productivity, and procedures. The Office Administrator will lead general office operations and purchasing functions, including vendor management. This position will support facilities management and work with other departments on various projects. This position will provide clerical and administrative support to the Finance & Administration department (Finance, Accounting, HR, and Administration). The incumbent will coordinate and execute a variety of all-staff events. The ideal candidate is a flexible problem solver with superb verbal communication and writing skills. The incumbent should have prior experience in an administrative capacity in an office environment.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Average turnover time for each project
- Time to provide feedback/updates
- Employee satisfaction rating
- Adaptability - Employee is open to new ideas and ways of doing business and adopts change willingly.
- Communication - Employee expresses thoughts and ideas in a clear and effective manner. Employee communicates directly and provides meaningful information to others to generate support.
- Continuous Improvement - Employee seeks opportunities to improve current processes, systems, and methods to promote reliability, quality, and efficiency of output.
- Customer Service - Employee delivers exceptional customer service.
- Delivering Results - Employee commits to achieving objectives, holds oneself accountable, and follows through.
- Learning Agility - Employee learns quickly and applies newly learned information and skills to innovate, adapt, and uses feedback to improve.
- Makes Sound Decisions - Employee makes sound decisions in a timely and confident manner.
- Relationship Management - Employee builds and maintains meaningful and positive connections with others inside or outside of the organization.
- Resilience - Employee responds to challenges with composure, optimism, and hardiness; employee perseveres and exhibits healthy stress management strategies.
- Teamwork and collaboration - Employee cooperates with others through mutual trust and accountability to accomplish shared objectives.
- Work Organization - Employee approaches work in an orderly manner; prioritizing tasks and managing time effectively.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Event planning (35%)
• Lead the coordination of company events planning throughout the year, with input from a cross-department social committee
• Manage contracts, vendors, logistics, and staff communications/invitations
• Negotiate contracts for company staff events
• Manage the logistics for all company-provided meals
Contract and purchasing (30%)
• Assist the Financial Analyst with managing business contracts
o Manage internal review of WAEPA contracts summarizing key contract information
o Review contract to ensure the key elements are included in the agreement (i.e., scope of work, fee schedule, terms of agreement, and other key elements.)
o Manage storage and retrieval of contracts.
• Perform purchasing functions, establish preferred vendors, ensure timely delivery
• Assist in strategic sourcing
• Vendor management – maintain relationships with service providers and manage contract and price negotiations
• Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs
HR Support (20%)
• Assist HR Manager with various HR functions and projects as listed below:
• Maintenance of job descriptions
• Preparation of monthly insurance benefits worksheet
• Publish monthly staff newsletter
General administration (15%)
• Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance with company policies. Identify opportunities for operational growth and increased efficiencies.
• Travel administration – centralize business travel and review travel authorizations
• Serve as lead for document retention practices
• Deposit incoming checks
• Renew annual business insurance
• Provide support to the CFO and the Finance and Administration Department as needed
• Other projects/tasks as assigned
This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the sole standards for the position. Incumbents are expected to perform all assigned duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable experiences required
• At least two years of relevant experience in a similar work setting required
• Must be a self-starter and self-driven.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Exchange software.
• Superior organizational skills, ability to prioritize tasks, and pay attention to details.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Critical thinking skills.
• Project management skills are desirable.
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.