Supervise seasonal tax site, including site operations, security and
quality of return preparation; coordinate activities with partner agencies where applicable;
transmit e-filed returns; maintain documents, and report results as requested.
- Tax Services Duties
- Ensure site operates smoothly and problems are resolved in a timely manner. Manage client intake and flow.
- Supervise activities of other volunteers at the site.
- Answer tax law related and TaxSlayer questions from preparers and others at the site.
- Check returns for accuracy using the Quality Review Checklist and Accounting Aid
- Society's Guide for Supervisor's Review of Tax Returns. Verify that all steps have been completed on the E-File Checklist.
- Communicate significant issues to Accounting Aid office timely.
- Prepare reports as requested.
- Ensure all equipment, computers, printers, supplies, client data, and tax forms are secured at all times.
- Coordinate activities with partner agencies at the site to facilitate referrals and information exchange.
- Follow all procedures related to 7216 where applicable.
- Conduct training, as requested.
- Transmit e-filed returns.
- Report tax site data as requested.
- Coordinate with tax site partners.
General Agency Duties
- Build trust and teamwork with open and honest communications across our organization, and with our volunteers, our community, and our partners.
- Share responsibility with other office staff to maintain site copier and other equipment, site supplies, and general office space.
- Assist our constituents and the public who visit or telephone the site.
- Perform other such duties as assigned.
Education: Associate degree in business or equivalent education or work experience.
Bachelor’s degree a plus.
Skills: Strong administrative and communication skills. Ability to work as a team member. Ability
to work evenings and Saturday as needed. Maturity, flexibility, initiative, and high ethical
standards. Competency with the use of computers, specifically Microsoft Office applications.
Working knowledge of individual income tax. Fluent in English and Spanish, where required.
Experience: Experience in preparing tax returns and use of tax preparation software for at least
two tax seasons, or equivalent classroom or work experience.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Position Status: Full-time, seasonal, non-exempt, no benefits.