1 Position Available
Location: Dover Air Force Base, Delaware
The Construction Project Engineer (CPE) will provide Construction Management Services (CMS) for the Department of Defense (DOD), United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Baltimore District Contracting Office located at Dover Air Force Base, Delaware. The CPE will provide full-time onsite field support and oversight in support of the Welch Elementary School/Dove Air Base Middle School Replacement. The work will include construction management, inspection, and quality control of buildings and /or other type of structures to include vertical construction, renovations, mechanical equipment and systems, plumbing installations, and equipment, and/or electrical systems and equipment and repair work, including demolition and repair/replacement.
- Review shop drawings and submittals, coordinate and prepare Request for Information (RFI) responses, conduct and document site visits, attend meetings, review schedules, and prepare daily/weekly reports for the duration of the construction period.
- Maintain situational awareness of Contractor project activities, planned work, and necessary Government actions to help prevent Government caused delays to construction progress.
- Review durations in accordance with the construction contract timelines being supported.
- Provide recommendations and input to the Resident Engineer (RE)/Contracting Officer Representative (COR) regarding the daily, weekly, and monthly meetings required amongst the Government, the Contractor, and the Designer of Record (DOR).
- In coordination with the RE/COR, provide recommendations for providing predictable, clear, efficient, and effective communication paths for these meetings.
- Review the work of Quality Assurance (QA) personnel for technical accuracy and completeness and provide technical input on plans, specifications, and verification of the quality of the work currently underway. This may also include recommendations for determining the focus of QA activities and administrative tasks that must be accomplished that day and/or week.
- Review the Contractors’ monthly progress schedule submittal and sequence of work and provide recommendations to the RE/COR in the Resident Management System version 3 (RMS3) construction management software.
- Support three-phase inspection meetings as part of their quality control program as necessary for the Quality Control program and document in RMS3.
- Support the development of proposed change scopes of work for adjustments to project requirements, cost, and duration.
- Works with the Office Engineer on development of construction cost estimates for the RE/COR’s review to assist in determining the validity of Contractors cost proposals for contract changes and modifications.
- Review the daily reports prepared by the QA as required with appropriate level of detail to upward report the Contractor’s progress and quality of work in RMS.
- Material submittal review, coordination and tracking with DOR and Contractor for input to the COR in RMS.
- Review, monitor and ensure deficiency tracking report is accurate and kept up to date. Work with RE to implement proposed corrective actions are approved prior to execution.
- Perform monthly review of Contractor as-builts and ensure they correctly reflect the extent of the Contractor’s accomplished work.
- Review Contractors' contract progress data, material and equipment usage, and quality control and survey reports to support the computation of progress payments to Contractor.
- This may also involve a meeting with the Contractor to discuss monthly progress on each activity.
- Assist in the preparation of working files and office document control system regarding minutes of meetings and conferences, payments, updated progress schedules, monthly progress reports, punch lists, field changes, RFI, submittals, Request for Proposals and contract documents including amendments, notices to proceed, change orders, modifications and other locally generated documents developed during construction.
- All contract documentation and administration shall be through the Government’s RMS3.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 5-years of experience required, 10-years preferred, serving as a Construction Project Engineer. Must have demonstrated experience in performing duties typically associated with a construction manager/project engineer.
- Experience to include ability to provide Contractor oversight and manage construction with critical timelines and oversee resolution of deficiencies and corrective actions.
- Degree in Construction Management and/or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) certification preferred.
- OSHA Safety Training 10-hours required; 30-hours preferred.
- Must have knowledge of contract drawings and specifications.
- Familiarity with the Government’s construction management software, Resident Management System (RMS3) to document daily and monthly activities.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office suite of products, Adobe Acrobat, and other commonly used software products.
- Ability to pass a background check to obtain a badge from Base Security.
- National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) Clearance or the ability to obtain said clearance is required.
- Must possess a valid, up to date / current Driver's License.
- Must be able to utilize their own personal vehicle for local travel on site as needed.
- Ability to work within the geographical boundaries of Dover Air Force Base.
- Must be within commuting distance of the Dover Air Force Base Area, or ability to relocate.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Ability to obtain a DOD issues Common Access Card (CAC).
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Full-time. Due to the nature of the work the hours of operation for the majority of the work will follow the construction Contractor’s schedule. The Government is expecting 8 hours per day most likely between the hours of 0700 and 1800 Monday through Friday except Federal holidays. As fluctuating work demands dictate coverage, it may also include occasional weekends. Weekend work would be estimated to be approximately 10 - 15% of the normal work hours outlined above.
Benefits (offered for full-time employees)
- Paid Federal Observed Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Employee paid supplemental benefits offered (Short and Long Term Disability, Life, Accident, Critical Illness Coverage)
- 401K Retirement Savings
- Paid Time Off
We invite you to learn more about GoldenWolf and other employment opportunities by visit the com www.goldenwolf.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity or national origin.?