Job Type : Full-time
1 Position Available
Location: Dover Air Force Base, Delaware
The Construction Quality Assurance (QA) Inspector will provide Construction Management Services (CMS) for the Department of Defense (DOD), United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), Baltimore District Contracting Office located at Dover Air Force Base, Delaware. The QA Inspector will provide full-time onsite field support and oversight in support of the Welch Elementary School/Dove Air Base Middle School Replacement. The work will include construction QA inspections of buildings and /or other type of structures to include vertical construction, renovations, mechanical equipment and systems, plumbing installations, and equipment, and/or electrical systems and equipment and repair work, including demolition and repair/replacement.
- Provide daily QA field oversight for Civil, Architectural, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical construction activities, including demo and repair work, documented in a daily report in the Resident Management System, version 3 (RMS3) construction management software.
- Perform and participate in the Contractor’s three-phase inspection process of their quality control program to assure compliance with the design parameters and contract specifications. Inspections shall be appropriately documented through RMS.
- Prepare weekly status reports with appropriate level of detailed back up and present the reports at regularly scheduled review meeting.
- Review monitor and provide tracking report to assure timely corrective action to construction and design deficiencies, as well as the prevention of similar occurrences.
- Substantiate that proposed corrective actions are appropriate for the specific deficiency.
- Assist the Project Engineer (PE) in monthly review of Contractor as-builts and provide documentation of deficiencies.
- Review pencil copy of Contractor’s monthly payment applications for accuracy and input to the PE and/or Contracting Officer Representative (COR).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum 5-years of demonstrated experience required, 10-years preferred, performing duties typically associated with a conducting construction QA inspection.
- Must be familiar with construction safety, demolition and repair work, Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing codes/regulations, construction means/methods and the three-phase inspection process of a quality control program.
- Must possess the ability to review durations for deliverables to determine if they are in accordance with the construction contract timelines being supported by this requirement.
- Degree in Construction Management and/or Certified Construction Manager (CCM) certification preferred.
- OSHA Safety Training 10-hours required; 30-hours preferred.
- Familiarity with the Government’s construction management software, Resident Management System (RMS3) to document daily and monthly activities is preferred.
- Ability to pass a background check to obtain a badge from Base Security.
- National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) Clearance or the ability to obtain said clearance is required.
- Must possess a valid, up to date / current Driver's License.
- Must be able to utilize their own personal vehicle for local travel on site as needed.
- Ability to work within the geographical boundaries of Dover Air Force Base.
- Must be within commuting distance of the Dover Air Force Base Area, or ability to relocate.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English.
- Ability to obtain a DOD issues Common Access Card (CAC).
Salary: Commensurate with skill and experience.
Job Type: Full-time.
Due to the nature of the work the hours of operation for the majority of the work will follow the construction Contractor’s schedule. The Government is expecting 8 hours per day most likely between the hours of 0700 and 1800 Monday through Friday except Federal holidays. As fluctuating work demands dictate coverage, it may also include occasional weekends. Weekend work would be estimated to be approximately 10 - 15% of the normal work hours outlined above.
Benefits: (offered for full-time employees)
- Paid Federal Observed Holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Supplemental Employee Paid Benefits Offered (Short and Long Term Disability, Life, Accident, and Critical Illness Coverage)
- 401K Retirement Savings and Employer Matching Up to 5%
- Paid Time Off
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual preference, gender identity or national origin.?
We invite you to please learn about GoldenWolf and other employment opportunities at www.goldenwolf.com .