We are seeking a skilled Cloud Developer to join our dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining high-quality cloud back-end services enabling device integration and UI presentation with a particular mind toward security. The chosen candidate will have experience working with the GoLang programming language and be able to work collaboratively with other developers and stakeholders to deliver exceptional results using Agile practices.
- Implement high-quality cloud services using AWS cloud technologies.
- Implement strategies on handling time-series based data.
- Implement appropriate AWS storage solution based on requirements.
- Be an expert on how to scale services effectively to meet increasing demand.
- Ensure that AWS services meet SLAs set forth by the business.
- Be an expert in RESTful API development; not only how to code, but how to structure.
- Be able to document RESTful APIs using best practices.
- Be able to leverage various techniques (protocols and message formats) for ingesting data from devices.
- Write clean, maintainable, and efficient code.
- Collaborate with other developers and stakeholders to deliver exceptional results using Agile practices.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
- Participate in code and design reviews.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in technologies in AWS cloud computing.
- The candidate should be able to manage their time effectively, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- 7+ years’ experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
- At least 3 years of experience using AWS cloud technologies.
- At least 3 years of experience using the GoLang programming language.
- At least 3 years of experience developing RESTful APIs – including considerations on how to best structure and secure them.
- At least 2 years of experience handling time-series data.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD best practices.
- Strong understanding of how to effectively deliver product to the Cloud throughout the various stages of software development – including development, test, stage, and production.
- Implement IaC (infrastructure as code) in an AWS environment.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- Familiarity with microservices architecture.
- Experience with security/cryptography basics.