Carefully move packages and material around our facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Performs required administrative tasks; for inbound unloading and outbound loading
- Identify damages and report shortages or quality deficiencies
- Comply with company policies and legal guidelines
- Help maintain a safe and orderly environment of the facilities
- Secure freight for transit
- Being able to operate air compressor for airbag usage
- Ensure freight is counted and loaded in the right DC trailer
- Being able to perform different tasks such as working floor freight and mixed freight while keeping a good count of the goods and paying attention to detail
- One to two years related experience or equivalent preferred.
- Familiarity with shipping practices and handling methods.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently.
High school diploma or GED required.
- Continually required to stand
- Continually required to walk
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry more than 50 pounds
- Occasionally exposure to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather)
- Occasionally exposure to outside weather conditions
- Continually loud noise
- Shift: First; Tues - Fri; part time; 20 - 30 hours per week
Must be able to execute all the above functions and meet all of the above demands safely, posing no threat to themselves or those around them while doing so, and must willingly comply with applicable safety regulations in the completion of all work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.