Granby Ranch is looking for ski and snowboard instructors of all levels for the Winter 2023-2024 season! Our instructors provide our guests with exceptional learning experiences in the skills of skiing and/or snowboarding. While this position includes both indoor and outdoor operations, instructors will primarily be outdoors and are required to create a lesson plan. You will be working directly with guests of all ages (3 and older). This position requires appropriate communication and a welcoming demeanor with customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teach quality skiing/snowboarding lessons as assigned, following standard PSIA-AASI progressions.
- Attend training clinics as scheduled.
- Report to class line-ups as scheduled and on time.
- Adhere to uniform and appearance policies.
- Always adhere to all safety requirements and standards (see Know The Code), including but not limited to loading and unloading lifts safely.
- Follow appropriate children's center procedures when assigned there.
- Act as a positive role model for training and performance in guest relations
- Maintain an organized, clean, efficient workspace
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a positive, professional role model, adhering to the company’s hospitality standards.
- Maintain an exceptional level of guest service in all interaction with guests, fellow employees, and management.
- Assist in fitting rental gear for guests, following industry technical standards.
- Ability to work with children, instructors, and other employees in a team environment.
- Assist and support other departments for races, events and operations on high volume days.
- Ability to multitask and shift from inside to outdoor job duties in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all children’s safety standards and policies.
- Available to work weekends/holidays and peak periods, if needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Previous ski and/or snowboard experience.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Speak, read, write in English fluently.
- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Willingness to learn new instructional methods.
- Work towards PSIA-AASI Certification(s) and continued education
- Know how to load and unload a ski lift safely.
- Assisting other departments as needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Non Certified instructor (No certification required: $19-20/hr)
- PSIA/AASI 1 (Must have dues paid and successful completion of Level 1; provide certificate/card: $21-23/hr)
- PSIA/AASI 2 (Must have dues paid and successful completion of Level 1 and Level 2 with secondary experience i.e. CS or FS; provide certificate/card: $24-26/hr)
- PSIA/AASI 3 (Must have dues paid and successful completion of Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 with secondary experience i.e. CS or FS; provide certificate/card: $26-29/hr)
- PSIA/AASI Trainer (Must have dues paid and successful completion of Level 1 and Level 2 with secondary experience i.e. CS or FS; provide certificate/card: $27-32/hr)
- Coaching or teaching experience preferred
- Skiing or snowboarding experience required
- Experience working with children preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be physically capable to perform strenuous exercise at 8,000-10,000 feet with variable weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Dexterity for utilizing keyboard, hand tools, ski equipment, kitchen equipment, etc.
- Verbal and auditory abilities necessary for communication with others.
- Skiing/Snowboarding, Walking, Kneeling, Squatting, Reaching, Grabbing, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Sitting, Standing.
- Provide own ski/ride equipment, clothing, and accessories necessary for work outdoors in high alpine winter environment.
- Weekend and/or holiday work required.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.