POSITION SUMMARY: Assist ski and ride school instructors in providing our guests with an exceptional learning experience in the skills of skiing and/or snowboarding. This position will include both indoor and outdoor activities. You will be working directly with guests of all ages (3 and older). This position requires appropriate communication and a welcoming demeanor with customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain an organized, clean, efficient workspace and maintain sanitization throughout the day in accordance with COVID-19 regulations and company policy.
- Assist children’s classes in the beginner zone(s). Always adhere to all safety requirements and standards (see Know The Code).
- Assist instructors with children who need to go inside for breaks, restroom, equipment adjustments, etc.
- Be available to assist children’s center attendants with daily tasks and weekly meetings.
- Arrive on time to assist in the children’s center opening and stay for closing duties.
- Meet and greet guests in the Base Camp building and help direct them.
- Adhere to all child safety standards and policies.
- Assist in fitting rental gear for guests, following industry technical standards.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Act as a positive, professional role model, adhering to the company’s hospitality standards.
- Maintain an exceptional level of guest service in all interaction with guests, fellow employees, and management.
- Assist and support other departments for races, events, and operations on high volume days.
- Ability to work with children, instructors, and other employees in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast- paced environment during peak periods.
- Ability to multitask and shift from inside to outdoor job duties in a timely manner.
- Available to work weekends and peak periods, if needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to ski and/or snowboard is preferred, but not required.
- Communication with others to convey information effectively.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Speak, read, write in English fluently.
- Will be encouraged to work towards becoming a full-time ski instructor.
- Know how to load and unload a ski lift safely
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Coaching or teaching experience preferred
- Skiing or snowboarding experience preferred
- Experience working with children preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be physically capable to perform strenuous exercise at 8,000-10,000 feet, with variable weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs.
- Verbal and auditory abilities necessary for communication with others.
- Skiing, Walking, Kneeling, Squatting, Reaching, Grabbing, Pushing, Pulling, Lifting, Sitting, Standing.
- Dexterity for utilizing keyboard, hand tools, ski equipment, kitchen equipment, etc.
- Provide own ski/ride equipment, clothing, and accessories necessary for work outdoors in high alpine winter environment.
- Weekend and holiday work required.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.