Counter Culture Coffee was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in Durham, NC, with regional offices in 13 major cities across the country. Counter Culture Coffee has been continuously innovating in the coffee industry and we’re looking for passionate, dynamic, diverse team members to help us expand our efforts.
Counter Culture Coffee is:
- Quality Coffee | We continue to cultivate relationships with growers and organizations around the world in order to build trust, improve quality, and foster transparency.
- Education | We believe the pursuit of coffee perfection includes educating ourselves, our partners, and our customers about the coffee supply chain and the best methods of preparation.
- Sustainability | Our commitment to affecting positive change in every community to which we are connected is driven by our belief that we can–and should–always strive to improve upon the present.
- Transparency | We are committed to sustainability and holding ourselves and our peers accountable for creating a more sustainable future of coffee
As a member of the Customer Support department, the key function of this role is to act as a Counter Culture regional support representative, providing technical services, customer support, and occasional support for training center programming. Coffee Technicians are primarily responsible for installation and upkeep of customers’ coffee equipment. Although a familiarity or comfort with tools and equipment is a required skill set, advanced coffee skills and industry knowledge are also key in this role.
A Counter Culture Coffee Technician is a resourceful, pragmatic, and thorough service person, as well as a knowledgeable and crafted barista.
- Manage maintenance of all customer and company equipment
- Perform on-site equipment troubleshooting and repairs along with some remote technical assistance via phone, email, and video calls
- Work with regional team to develop regional agenda with a focus on technical support strategy
- Contribute to regional success by understanding and influencing leading indicators and metrics
- Contribute to regional growth by scaling support with our growth
- Manage regional parts inventory
- Logistics management for customer equipment
- Lead occasional Training Center events like labs, classes, tastings, workshops, and socials
All interested applicants must complete the Culture Index Survey to be considered for an interview. Please complete the survey here: https://go.cultureindex.com/s/0Syt6CsUpy
- Proficiency with tools, machinery, electricity, and plumbing
- Efficient time management, flexible schedule, off-hours availability
- Regular out-of-town travel throughout the year
- Reliable, accountable, and professional demeanor
- Strong desire to share knowledge and ability to teach others
- Must have a valid and current driver’s license issued within the United States and be able to drive a company vehicle
Physical Activities of Job:
- Stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching.
- Standing for sustained periods of time, walking for long distances or from one work site to another.
- Pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling (attributes of objects).
- Repetitive Motion
- Consists of medium level physical requirements: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual acuity: must have close visual acuity to perform activities, operate machines/heavy equipment /operate motor vehicles, and determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned and/or to make general observations of facilities or structures.
- Hazards: worker is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, and/or exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- Frequently in close quarters and other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
- Requires ability to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
- Proficient at driving, maneuvering, and parking Company vehicles.
- Physically able to sit for long time periods, driving to/from customer/client locations - often in heavy traffic.
- Qualify to perform general machine maintenance without supervision
- Strong understanding of Counter Culture’s vision, mission, values, and plan.
- Comprehensive understanding of our wholesale after-sales support program including our products, services, and best practices
- Proficiency with Counter Culture’s CRM, billing platform, scheduling and communication via G-suite applications
Benefits: Currently, the offered benefits include: group health (medical, dental and vision), available the first of the month after 30 days of employment; Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare and for Dependent Care; short- and long-term disability; life insurance; 401(k) program; paid time off; eight company holidays.
Counter Culture Coffee is an Equal Opportunity Employer in both policy and practice.
Counter Culture Coffee assesses candidates for employment based on their knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job for which they are applying and without regard to any non-job related category as protected by federal, state or local law.
Finalist candidates for employment will be required to pass a reference check process, successfully complete a post-offer/pre-employment criminal background check, and demonstrate USA employment eligibility (per federal and state law, Counter Culture Coffee participates in the federal E-Verify program).