Direct Supervisor: Chapel Manager
The Administrative Assistant will work with arranging Directors and Location Manager to complete details of the arrangement process. This includes:
- Contacting ministers and cemeteries
- Ordering caskets, vaults and associated sales/personalization items
- Writing and submitting obituaries
- Ordering police escorts for processions
- Entering information into Director’s Assistant,
- Meeting with families to accept funeral payments and assist with arrangements
- Arranging, setting and working receptions
- Communicating times of ceremonies with the Dispatcher and Switchboard Operator.
- Completing check request forms and submitting them to the business office.
- Transporting the deceased to/from vehicles/rooms and assisting with set-up.
- Creating door cards
- Cremated remains presentations
- Front and back desk relief
- General Chapel Manager administrative support
- Control room administration
- Provide ceremony processional lead-out and pull-off as needed
- Processing of life insurance policies
- Receive all in-coming calls, take messages, and provide information to callers and forward messages to associates as appropriate.
- Assist Directors in setting up for services
- Complete hand written guest registry
- Keep master calendar up to date.
- Greet families and guests who are attending funeral ceremonies, visitations, or making funeral arrangements
- Maintain the appearance of the lobby area, as well as a neat and organized work space
- Keep careful inventory of supplies used at front desk, and for services & visitations.
- Keep files and materials on each person/family we serve
- Navigate computer programs used in the company
- Excellent writing and grammatical skills for communication i.e. email, letters, documents,
- Excellent verbal communication and phone skills are required.
- Computer skills must include Microsoft Word operations, Excel, and other basic skills.
- Being Bilingual is a plus
High School Diploma or GED
Light physical effort required. Regularly required to sit for extended periods. You will also need to stand, walk, reach, bend, lift, listen, talk and perform computer keyboarding. May need to transport items weighing up to 15 pounds.
This is a varied schedule position. Weekend and holiday work is a possibility.
Salary and Benefits:
This can be a part-time or full-time position. It is paid an hourly rate and is not exempt from overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.