Blue Circle Health is searching for an experienced MD or DO who will provide virtual patient care, specific to people with type 1 diabetes. Blue Circle Health has a team based, whole person approach to care where we bring together multiple specialties to create a personalized care plan for our patients. The Diabetologist will conduct telehealth visits and will work with the clinical care team to provide the best care possible to the people we serve. The Diabetologist will partner closely with the care team - including diabetes support coaches, insurance navigators and social workers - to guide, educate and empower people living with type 1 diabetes to achieve better health outcomes. Currently we offer one hour appointments, as we believe spending time with each of our patients is critical. The Care Team is supported by an existing team of mission-driven, fast-paced, data-driven healthcare veterans, all working together to create the healthcare system for people with T1D that should exist. This team includes full support from a medical assistant and from our technology team.
This role is primarily remote, with some travel to FQHCs and partner clinics. Our patients are currently located in Florida, with plans to expand to additional states within 2024. This role is full-time and the shift is from 11am - 8pm Eastern Time / 8am - 5pm Pacific. Blue Circle currently does not have off-hours call, however as we expand, call may be a future need. Candidates can live anywhere in the U.S.
- Evaluate and treat our patients with T1D. Conduct medical evaluations, consultations, and provide diabetes-related care using telehealth platforms.
- Provide guidance and care to our patients living with T1D, using evidence-based therapies and following ADA Standards of Care, with a focus on achieving individual goals and optimizing health outcomes.
- In partnership with the Care Team, design individualized treatment plans for each patient, monitor their progress and adjust their therapies as needed.
- Analyze data from all existing diabetes devices and stay up to date on future tech advances in the field
- Teach patients, and our health care team, how to interpret device downloads and adjust insulin dosing and provide additional patient education to support this.
- Serve as clinical support and back up to our diabetes care providers.
- Receive and respond to urgent care calls from patients and team members during work hours. Potential for a call schedule to be developed in the future.
- Provide medical guidance to a team of diabetes care providers including APRNs, RNs, diabetes educators, clinical social workers, behavioral health providers and potentially others as the team grows.
- Direct supervision of our current APRN with longstanding experience in the field, with potential to add additional mid-level providers in the future.
- Partner with the VP of Clinical Care and VP of Clinical Operations to provide support and guidance to the team responsible for the end-to-end patient care journey, ensuring that all services are delivered in a coordinated, efficient, and effective manner.
- Help ensure that the clinical team provides compassionate and culturally responsive care and ensure rigor in evidence-based quality and safety.
- Work with leadership and the administration team to ensure regulatory compliance of the clinical care team with local, state and federal regulations.
- Use quantifiable evidence of impact to advocate for the improvement or scaling of services.
- Develop partnerships with referring providers (PCPs, Endocrinologists, etc) and keep an open source of communication and camaraderie to support mutual patient care.
- Attend site visits at FQHCs and/or partnering clinics to meet providers and present on our approach to care
- Lead by example in supporting a non-traditional healthcare model designed to serve both patients and providers to decrease barriers to care.
Required Credentials, Experiences and Capabilities:
- An MD or DO who is highly experienced in adult type 1 diabetes; ideally board certified/board eligible in endocrinology in the United States.
- Must have the ability to apply for and obtain a Florida license upon acceptance of an offer.
- An approach to care delivery that embraces innovation and patient-centered care.
- A strong communicator that can earn the respect of people with different backgrounds and expertise.
- Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience providing care in a remote care delivery model.
- Experience in working with under-resourced communities and diverse populations, or an interest and desire to do so.
- Experience using data analytics, population health metrics, and quality improvement processes.