Who We Are:
KL&A is an IT consulting firm that knocks the socks off our clients. We work closely with organizations across the United States to develop creative business solutions through project & program management and custom software applications so they can focus on what’s most important…their mission.
We are honored to be named a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press for five consecutive years! Here at KL&A, we love what we do and believe that our employees are our greatest asset which is why we search for the best and brightest (and perhaps the most caffeinated) of the bunch. This is why our employees have the opportunity to work in an environment of their choosing: whether in the dynamic office environment, in your PJ bottoms at home, or a combination of the two.
Who You Are:
You’re super creative and thrive in environments that make you think outside the box. You’ve got a smashing sense of humor that you’ve been dying to incorporate into your work. Not only are you looking for a company that’s truly open to new ideas, but you’re hoping to work for people that embrace even the wackiest of ideas. You can’t wait to constantly be a part of something new and exciting. You love capturing a brand’s personality and sharing it with the world. You’re a stickler for perfection, especially when it comes to design. You enjoy collaborating with those around you but can also accomplish tasks as a solo artist. You’re able to seamlessly transition from one task to the next without skipping a beat, as well as juggle multiple tasks when necessary. Continuous learning is important to you, so you stay up-to-date on the latest marketing and design trends. You’re personable, self-motivated, and love lending a hand to your colleagues.
About the Role:
As a Marketing Assistant, you’ll work closely with some pretty awesome teammates and business development leaders to execute a variety of marketing initiatives. You’ll play a role in every stage of marketing from project planning, through design and development, to execution and even evaluation. The marketing team supports the company in its quest to win new business and impress potential employees – you’ll play a role in all of it! You’ll use your natural wit and creativity to craft engaging content for the company’s social media platforms. You’ll work with the team to maintain the company’s website, review its performance, and identify areas for improvement. You’ll use your killer organizational and writing skills to contribute to the successful execution of the company’s - online presence. You’ll even design and create on-brand graphics for use across all marketing mediums. You’ll work remotely but have the opportunity for in-person work if desired. You will travel to our Okemos, MI office on occasion. This position requires a work schedule compatible with the Eastern Time Zone.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without a current or future need for visa sponsorship
- Bachelor's Degree in a Marketing-related major, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A minimum of one year of experience in a marketing position, such as marketing associate, marketing coordinator, or digital marketing specialist.
- Must have a strong understanding of marketing concepts, trends, and best practices
- Experience writing content for various marketing initiatives, such as company collateral, webpages, advertisements, press releases, and/or other marketing/sales communications
- Experience publishing, monitoring, and evaluating social media posts
- Experience maintaining a consistent posting cadence for a company’s social media
- Must have excellent writing skills, including the ability to write engaging and persuasive content that is concise, yet thorough
- Experience designing and creating vector graphics that adhere to brand guidelines
- Proficient in Adobe CC apps (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office apps
- Must be self-motivated with a desire and drive to continuously learn and grow as a professional and as an individual
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with internal stakeholders
Compensation & Perks:
- Competitive salaries with bonus potential
- Three (3) weeks of paid vacation (prorated for first year)
- 40 days of paid sick time (prorated for first year)
- Paid parental leave
- Family building assistance (adoption reimbursement, IVF counseling, etc.)
- 401(k) with immediate employer match
- Workspace customization bonus
- Ongoing education and training reimbursement
- Employee recruiting bonuses
- Monthly communication reimbursement
- Premium healthcare insurance, including medical, dental, and vision for individuals, families, and domestic partners
- Flexible Spending Accounts for dependent care and medical care
- Employer-paid group long-term disability and group life insurance
- Voluntary insurance options, such as pet, critical illness, AD&D, and life.
- Awesome co-workers!
Since the COVID-19 pandemic forced most of us to work remotely, KL&A has embraced the new flexible scheduling that was one of the microscopic lights at the end of the isolated tunnel. As a result, we are conducting all interviews virtually (get your Zoom background ready). New employees have the option of being onboarded into a virtual, in-person, or hybrid work schedule and are provided the tools they need to begin employment successfully, regardless of location.
Equal Employment Opportunities
Kunz, Leigh & Associates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kunz, Leigh & Associates complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Kunz, Leigh & Associates expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Kunz, Leigh & Associates’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.