The Database Administrator (DBA) will be responsible for the evaluation of database software purchases and supervise the modification of any existing database software to meet the company needs. The employee will also be responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of company databases and guarantee that data is stored securely and optimally. In addition, the DBA will inform end users of changes in databases and train them to utilize systems.
The DBA conducts troubleshooting and bug fixing on databases and applications, resolving issues without excessive downtime or data loss. They may need to validate data and perform extensive testing to ensure that the database systems and access programs meet the end user’s requirements.
- Provide technical and operational database administration for MS SQL Server in Dev, Test and Production environments
- Apply database knowledge in the areas of physical database design, performance and tuning, backup and recovery procedures and general problem resolution
- Support multiple servers and multiple databases of high complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of the data
- Develop, implement, and monitor standards and procedures to ensure optimum performance, scalability and reliability
- Create and maintain scripts and documentation for all aspects of administration including database design, implementation, data scrubbing, encryption, disaster recovery, and participate in disaster recovery process
- Perform system optimization and improvement planning, including, but not limited to, SQL Server database performance monitoring and analysis, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance and tuning to ensure maximum performance
- Hands-on support of large databases, including, but not limited to, availability monitoring, security, general database maintenance, extract- transformation-load, backup/recovery, documentation, and configuration
- Evaluate and interpret requirements to develop and implement appropriate technical solutions
- Perform daily monitoring of servers to provide proactive issue resolution
- Perform code reviews, identify potential issues to reduce technical debt and provide coding best practice recommendations
- Experience with multi-node/multi-instance clusters preferred
- Knowledge of hardware and its impact on SQL preferred
- Proficient working knowledge of the SQL language
- Remain up to date with latest SQL related technologies
Required Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or computer science
- 3+ years’ experience of database experience
- Knowledge of high availability architecture including clustering, data replication to a multisite setup, transaction log shipping, database mirroring, replication, AlwaysOn
- Solid experience with Performance Monitor, DMV’s, Profiler and other tools to find areas that need tweaking
- Experience with logical and physical database design
- Experience with SQL database development and working with developers in web based environment
- Experience with SQL encryption technologies, powershell, third party monitoring tools, DRaaS providers & AWS preferred
- Hands on knowledge with Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence offering of products -Analysis Services, Reporting Services and Integration Services
- Intuitive and analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- A highly self-motivated individual with the ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team-first IT environment
*Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
*Please Note: BCS365 participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.