To provide the best quality rental equipment to our customers is paramount to the success of Vandalia Rental. The Heavy Equipment Mechanics play a critical component to that success, and we need them. If you enjoy repairing things and have a love for heavy equipment, this may be the last career posting you need to read. Check us out!
Benefits You’ll Dig:
- Competitive Pay: $70,000+ Annually (based on experience)
- Bonus Potential - Paid Monthly (2022 averaged about $12,000)
- Tool allowance, up to $1200 annually
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurances
- 401k with $1 for $1 company match up to 6% of your salary
- Paid time off and Holidays
- Company donation program to charity of your choice and paid volunteer time
- Tuition assistance
- Generous rental discounts
- Perform all repairs and all levels of preventive maintenance and planned maintenance on equipment
- Perform Pre-delivery Inspections on newly purchased equipment
- Perform all electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and engine related repairs on all equipment (Equipment ranging from small hand-held pieces to 180’ Boom Lifts and everything in between)
- Assist customers via telephone with troubleshooting equipment issues
- Other stuff that may not be listed here, but nothing too crazy
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years as a Heavy Equipment Mechanic or experience with similar diesel equipment (large generators & pumps) strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient with electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems (EX: electrical troubleshooting & hydraulic system troubleshooting)
- Must love to work on stuff, specifically construction, agricultural and industrial type equipment
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record (CDL is a plus)
- Must have a winning attitude and a desire to have fun!
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds with assistance
- Must be able to sit or stand for long period of time, often whole shifts
- Must be able to stoop, kneel, bend, grip, grab as needed (all the stuff you need to do as a mechanic)
- Must be able to be around dust, grease, general shop odors and other elements commonly found in construction and industrial workplaces
"Vandalia Rental is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law."