The Girls Who Code Facilitator will lead a Club of up to eight girls (grades 6-12) in a safe environment as they learn basic programming concepts to support Pablo Center’s K-12 educational STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) programming.
- This position is Temporary, Part Time, Sept-Nov 2023 afternoons/evenings.
- 1 day per week for eight weeks, total of 24 hours.
- Starting wage: $10.00 - $13.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and facilitate GWC program for up to eight students 1 time per week for eight weeks.
- Research, compile, organize, and prep for each GWC meeting.
- Maintain and track technology (computers, tablets, stylus, charging cords, etc.) used.
- Other duties as needed.
Work Relationships and Scope:
Reports directly to STEAM Programs Manager. Interacts with students in grades 6-12.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must be available 2-3 hours per week (including class and prep time) for duration of Club.
- Ability to interact with students of varying ages and abilities.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Ability to lead a program and follow set curriculum.
- Must have a strong sense of professional courtesy and customer service.
- Must be flexible, patient, and able to communicate with students and parents.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Passion for Girls Who Code’s mission to close the gender gap in technology fields through a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Facilitators are not required to have any technical experience, as long as they are willing to learn alongside their Club members.
Work is performed primarily in a classroom environment but may, at times, be offsite/remote.
Pablo Center staff are required to work collaboratively for extended periods in close proximity, distances under 5’ (five feet) with Artists, Patrons, Students, Community Members, Board Members and Pablo Center Staff.
Confluence Council, Inc has the following mission:
Pablo Center at the Confluence welcomes, connects, inspires, and transforms, motivated by the belief that through art, education, and entertainment we can build stronger communities and a more enlightened world.
Pablo Center staff have a purpose statement of: We Entertain
We all share in a culture supportive of: Accountability, Balance, Candor, Clarity, Curiosity, Innovation, Integrity, and Respect.
Work with iPads, computers, Girls Who Code training materials, Microsoft Office 365.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by part-time staff assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the STEAM Programs Manager. All requirements are subject to change over time, and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.