Lake Butler Hospital is a critical access hospital in North Florida providing 24-hour emergency services, inpatient hospitalization, swing bed program, rehabilitation services, outpatient laboratory, and outpatient radiology (X-ray, ultrasound, and CT Scan) services to Union County and the surrounding counties. We are devoted to providing all members of our community with premier-quality health care in a compassionate and inviting environment.
We are seeking a knowledgeable and talented Physical Therapist to join our team!
Restores patient's function, alleviates pain, and prevents disabilities by planning and administering medically prescribed physical therapy. Helps patients with physical injuries or illnesses of to regain range of movement and control their pain. Determine the root causes of the trauma, counsel patients, and work with them to create a plan for rehabilitation. Create plans that involve stretching, strength training, exercises and physical manipulation to help in recovery. Track progress and report to patients and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets the patient's goals and needs and provides quality care by assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results, determining physical therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians or by prescription.
- Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and accept therapeutic devices by administering manual exercises, instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily living activities and in using assistive and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
- Administers physical therapy treatments by giving massages; initiating traction; applying physical agents; utilizing hydrotherapy tanks and whirlpool baths, moist packs, ultraviolet and infrared lamps, and ultrasound machines; directing treatments given by aides, technicians, and assistants.
- Evaluates effects of physical therapy treatments and fit of prosthetic and orthotic devices by observing, noting, and evaluating patient's progress, recommending adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers, contributing to patient care conferences.
See more on job description.
Education: Have an advanced degree and must be from an accredited school of Physical Therapy. Must be a fully Licensed Physical Therapist.
Experience: With educational requirements met, no prior experience is required. 1-year experience in a hospital facility setting
Skills: Demonstrates responsibility to patient/ employee confidentiality. Pleasant attitude in dealing with departments and the public. Genuine concern for completeness and organization. Have a working knowledge of policies and procedures. Additionally, the incumbent shall understand this position may require varied hours and weekend work, as dictated to meet the patient’s needs.
Knowledge: Have fulfilled the educational requirements of the basic sciences and applied areas of physical therapy to gain a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctorate degree. Have an understanding of hospital procedures.
Abilities: Supervisory experience. Ability to coordinate and prioritize exercises to achieve optimum functioning. Accurate, mature, flexible person who is meticulous to detail.
Physical Therapist, PT, Rural Health, Intervention, Rehabilitation, Physical Therapy
Union, Lake Butler, Bradford, Starke, Columbia, Lake City, Fort White, Alachua, Gainesville, High Springs, Baker, Macclenny, Glen Saint Mary