FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Technical Support Team Lead develops and leads the Technical Support team to ensure consumers and dealers receive clear communication solutions in a user-friendly and professional manner. The Technical Support Team Lead provides training and feedback for the team while developing standards and expectations.
- Leads the formulation of contact center targets for individuals and the team.
- Provides technical problem resolution to consumers and dealers by performing product diagnosis and guiding users through step-by-step solutions.
- Develops and executes the training of new Technical Support.
- Monitors the contact center and coaches technical support representatives to improve their abilities to resolve problems and interact positively with customers.
- Serves as a second tier for contact escalations by anticipating escalation and taking over calls when needed.
- Devises methods to optimize team performance through process improvement and leadership.
- Measures call abandonment and calls waiting with key metrics.
- Contributes to the development of and leads the execution of a communication plan highlighting escalations and trends..
- Gathers consumer information and determines the issue by evaluating and analyzing product symptoms.
- Analyzes and properly routes problems to appropriate resource(s).
- Processes and records call transactions using tracking software.
- Offers alternative solutions to meet customer expectations.
- Follows up and makes scheduled call backs to customers.
- Stays abreast of system information, changes, and updates.
- Assists in the tracking of firearms and accessories. Inspects firearm and contents of case. Conducts safety check and tagging.
- Processes firearm parts and components for gunsmith repair or customer sales/repair orders.
- Contacts consumers, employees, and Law Enforcement (LE) for payment or Federal Firearms License (FFL) information.
- Other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
Five years of experience leading a customer service team is required. Customer Service experience in the firearm industry or military and/or demonstrated experience building a contact center knowledge base is preferred.
Skills and Competencies
All FN America employees are expected to demonstrate accountability, collaboration, communication, customer focus, and innovation. Additional skills required include:
- Ability to research required information using available resources to solve consumer concerns.
- Firearm product and ammunition knowledge.
- Firearm functionality and safety knowledge.
- Knowledge of computer, telephone equipment and relevant computer programs.
- Strong communication and negotiation abilities.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills combined with the ability to provide resolution to problems.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically while providing consistent and high levels of customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Proficiency in Salesforce Service Cloud, SAP and in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software is preferred.
Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), Salesforce Service Cloud, SAP, QAD, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software, and Firearms.
Armorer certification on all FN products must be obtained within 12 months of employment. Gunsmith certification is desired.
Typical manufacturing environment with exposure to loud noises and dangerous chemicals and machinery. Must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds unassisted.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor.