We are searching for a Program Manager to join the team at Camp For All, a year-round camp in Burton, Texas. Camp For All partners with nonprofits to provide camp experiences to youth and adults with challenging illnesses or special needs. This is a full time, year-round salary position. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision , 401k, and paid time off. Temporary housing and relocation assistance available upon request.
Reporting to the Assistant Camp Director, the Program Manager is the driving force behind Camp For All's robust year-round programming and inclusive camper experience for all ages and abilities. As a community leader, your mission is to design barrier-free programs that can be offered to every single individual at camp, creating an environment where everyone feels welcomed and encouraged.
This position leads a team of six full-time Program Supervisors to design, innovate, and evolve the program curriculum offered at camp throughout the year. You will oversee a team of seasonal Program Instructors and volunteers to deliver activities and provide a transformative experience for participants.
This is a management position that requires people leadership experience and a deep knowledge of program management. As a member of the camp leadership team, you will support the development of a program roadmap, implementation of strategic initiatives, and financial planning. This role provides the opportunity to craft the future vision for camp programs, infrastructure, and camper experience, as well as strengthen relationships with 65+ nonprofit partners. If you have a background in program development and a passion for serving your community, this is the job for you.
What You’ll Do
- Manage a team of full-time and seasonal programming staff, providing mentorship and guidance to help them reach their full potential.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement an innovative and inclusive programming roadmap.
- Foster a culture of exceptional customer service and problem-solving, ensuring intentional support and delivering amazing experiences to campers and guests.
- Coordinate, and implement camp programs in alignment with the mission to meet the needs of individuals with diverse abilities.
- Continuously seek opportunities to enhance the campers experience, incorporating innovative approaches and best practices.
- Develop and manage the program department budget, allocating resources effectively and ensuring financial sustainability.
- Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to strengthen relationships and enhance program offerings.
- Play a key role in building a strong sense of community and inclusivity, fostering an environment where everyone feels valued and supported.
- Stay updated on industry trends, research, and developments related to inclusive programming and adapt strategies as needed.
- Act as a brand representative within the community, participating in events, engaging in volunteer opportunities, and speaking engagements as appropriate.
- Occasional overnight on-call Manager on Duty (private room at camp provided).
Who You Are
You're an educator at heart. You know your way around curriculum design. You can adapt your teaching methods to reflect diverse learning styles. You're a natural coach.
You are a proven leader. You are an expert communicator. You set a high bar and bring others along with you. You can identify potential and know how to develop talent.
You are meticulously organized. You take pride in the precision of your work. You follow through with your commitments, on time, and on budget- always. Nothing gets by you.
You have a passion to serve. You believe giving is better than receiving. You lead with empathy and a hospitality mindset. More than anything, you’re in this to serve others.
- 3+ years experience in program management
- 3+ years experience leading a team, preferably in a camp or related setting
- Experience in camp operations, outdoor education, or related fields
- Lifeguard Instructor and/or Challenge Course Instructor experience preferred
- Must be based within commutable distance of Washington County, Texas or be willing to relocate for the position