This is a wonderful time to join Providence as we expand to support people within the Charles County area as a Night Counselor! A Night Counselor is a Direct Support Professional who is responsible for supporting the people we serve in a community-based home overnight and during the mornings. As a Night Counselor, you will provide a safe social environment, assist with household maintenance, personal care, as well as work collaboratively with team members to enable people to live, work, and enjoy life as independently as possible. Be a valued resource to the staff within the residence and to the people we support!
Person-first - Every step is driven by the person and unique to the person.
Community - Is meant for every person.
Relationships - Real connections, real experiences, real expectations.
Accountability - Doing the right things for the right reasons; every day.
Night Counselor Pay scale: $17.50 per hour
Night Counselor Job Type: Part-time. Every other weekend schedule.
Night Counselor Schedule: Every Other Saturday/Sunday 10:00pm-8:00am
A Night Counselor
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Has a valid driver's license ; NOT provisional
- Is able/willing to transport people in personal and/or company vehicle
- Has a High school diploma/GED
- Has Computer skills
Your Responsibilities as a Night Counselor
- Participate in the development and implementation of Individual Plan (IP), personal plan or an alternative framework or individual teaching plan.
- Assists people supported to meet physical (e.g., health, grooming, toileting, eating) and personal management needs (e.g., human development, home care etc.), by teaching skills, providing supports, and building on individual strengths and capabilities that will lead to increased independence.
- Contribute as a part of a Providence team, building companionship and community, facilitating supports, developing activities that have value to the person.
- Explores vocational interests and aptitudes, assists in preparing for job or school entry, and reviews opportunities for continued career growth.
- Educates people receiving supports, co-workers and community members about issues by providing information and support.
Benefits for You as a Night Counselor
- Optional Life and AD&D plans
- 401k (5% company match)
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Career Paths
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Inclement Weather Pay
- Pet Discounts/Insurance