Deerwood Bank is looking for an experienced Business Banking Officer to join its Central Market. This position will be in our Waite Park branch. Our ideal candidate will be excited about business development, relationship management, active involvement in our local community, and providing trusted financial guidance to our customers.
Every day, you will work with business clients to provide solutions for their banking needs, which include loans, deposits, treasury management and referrals to our private banker. Every day, you will work alongside dedicated coworkers who love to work at Deerwood Bank because of it’s nice and simple service and products. Every day, you will work in an organization that values your unique self.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Exhibit a thorough knowledge of all products and services to provide clients and prospects.
- Interview & respond to business client requests, gathering the necessary information to assist in the review of the proposal.
- Demonstrate a well-developed network of business resources such as accountants, attorneys and spheres of influence.
- Effectively utilize various credit enhancing entities, such as the SBA, and local economic development programs to assist clients.
- Maintain the portfolio in accordance to credit administration guidelines, to include but not limited to pass due payments, overdrafts, technical exceptions, timely risk rating of credit, problem loan balances,
- Work with and provide assistance to credit analysts in preparation of loan presentations.
- Ensure that the necessary approvals are obtained.
- Adhere to safe and sound loan documentation to ensure secured loans are properly documented with the perfection of any and all collateral pledged.
- Stay current on various issues affecting the banking industry and/or the economy in general.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Help mentor and develop business bankers with less experience as well as credit analysts.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Identify formal class/seminar opportunities to assist with personal growth.
- Actively involved in the community through business related organizations and take a leadership role within these organizations.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a high level of teamwork within the organization.
- Four-year college degree in business, finance, economics or related field.
- Minimum 5 years commercial lending experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given.