The Director of Brand Marketing at Black Diamond (BD) is responsible for driving awareness, acquisition, and retention to all sales channels. The Director of Brand Marketing delivers this through the launch of brand and product stories within the climb, ski and mountain adventure sports market.
The Director of Brand Management takes a lead role in BD’s annual go-to-market planning process, budget planning process and oversees all project management/operational functions including the execution of all global BD brand marketing materials.
- Executes and leads Marketing projects as directed by the VP of Marketing
- Assists in the Global Marketing Planning and Budgeting process in sync with annual corporate goals for the Product, Sales and Marketing components of the BD brand
- Drives seasonal product launches and assists in GTM process
- Develops and manages the annual Master Calendar with Marketing Campaign Manager
- Leads development of annual Creative Plan, Content Plan, and associated marketing program plans
- Drives athlete and community engagement branding initiatives and programs.
- Oversees digital asset management and content creation teams
- Initiates all projects with thoughtful and clear marketing briefs/project plans that encapsulate the relevant product marketing, brand and sales directives
- Ensures that the relevant product and brand marketing insights are maintained through the execution of the promotional and creative efforts for all Marketing projects
- Partners with the Product Category Directors in the branding of all product categories and developing compelling category specific marketing support
- Partners with Europe and IGD Sales Management team to deliver appropriate marketing materials for IGD markets
- Drives the selection of vendors and manages significant vendor relationships
- Provides regular competitive analysis and category KPI reports, and recommendations based on findings
Required: Bachelor's degree in marketing or equivalent work experience
Preferred: Graduate-level degree in a marketing-related discipline
Required: 5+ years in a Marketing role
Preferred: 10 years managing marketing for an Outdoor Industry Brand.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Intimate knowledge and experience as a decision-maker with full-scope marketing programs.
- Proven track record as creative lead and strong creative portfolio.
- Facility with marketing process development; Proven ability to work effectively with a team.
- Expertise in communicating marketing direction to diverse audiences: Strong leadership, listening, collaboration and dynamic presentation skills.
- Passionate about Outdoors; Capable of articulating intimate familiarity with climbing and backcountry skiing
- A self-starter with initiative and drive, capable of executing rapidly with limited strategic direction.
- Ability to be productive in an open workspace environment; Strong organizational skills.
- Work well under pressure and deadlines; Comfortable with change.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Expertise developing/managing digital Marketing programs and creative.
- Experience with data driven decision making. Marketing ROI measurement, reporting, consumer insight and analysis.
- Expertise in outdoor lifestyle and technical products.
- Expertise in developing brand strategies.
- Visionary marketing leader with track record of innovating marketing programs that drive measurable increases in consumer demand and sell-through.
- General physical requirements: Sedentary work
- Visual acuity requirements: Close color depth perception, ability to adjust focus
- Motion and sensory requirements: Typing, talking, hearing, sitting
- Physical working conditions: Inside environment
Benefits begin on the first of the month following your date of hire with a generous portion of medical and dental paid for by BD. You also will get employer paid life insurance, Short and Long Term Disability as well as other wellness benefits, and 401k. BD offers supplemental accident, hospital insurance and pet insurance. Relaxed dress code and a dog friendly office. If your passions are also in the outdoors, then you will also enjoy discounts on industry gear and apparel.
Black Diamond Equipment, Ltd is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex; including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Black Diamond Equipment HR representative.