The C4K Administrative Services Support Specialist is responsible for performing various administrative and clerical tasks including scanning and indexing of documents and processing of mail according to defined procedures and quality assurance standards. This position also conducts a review of applications for the Care 4 Kids Program and takes appropriate action to register the applications following defined procedures. In addition, this position is responsible for processing provider invoices within the standard time of receipt according to program procedures and quality assurance standards established by the Care4Kids Program.
What you will do:
- Performs various mailroom functions including processing of incoming and outgoing mail with the primary focus of scanning and indexing of documents.
- Indexes and validates mail; prepares files and loose documents to be imaged, indexed, and routed appropriately.
- Sorts and tracks returned mail.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of Care 4 Kids application processing system.
- Completes data entry through application registration to create case numbers or associate with an existing case.
- Reviews and identifies applications with file clearance errors. Reports these errors to the Data Steward according to defined procedures.
- Processes all provider invoices within standard time frame of receipt.
- Contacts providers on telephone or with correspondence to clarify invoice information.
- Researches, verifies and corrects premium discrepancies.
- Authorizes payment consistent with regulations, policy, and procedures.
- Immediately reports any technical problems with equipment, systems, or facilities.
- Consistently meets or exceeds defined production and quality standards.
Available Shift: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Pay & Benefits: $15.50 per hour
Spanish- or Portuguese-speaking applicants who are hired and pass certification after 90 days on the job will get an additional $.75 per hour (an additional $1.50 per hour for both languages).
- An outright 8% 401(k) contribution!
- 20 days of Paid Time Off in a calendar year - you begin accruing immediately!
- 13 paid holidays per year.
- Generous health benefits.
- Tuition reimbursement (after one year).
- Employment at UWCT counts toward Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness.
- Supportive, culturally diverse and inclusive company culture.
- And more!
Who you are
- You have a High School Diploma/GED and clerical work experience.
- Knowledge of and/or ability to interpret relevant State and Federal laws, statutes and regulations.
- Data entry/keyboard, and MS Office, proficiency.
United Way of Connecticut, Inc. endeavors to make www.ctunitedway.org accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact (860) 571-7500. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
United Way fights for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in every community. We unequivocally denounce racism and ethnic discrimination in all forms, and we remain committed to building a future of greater opportunity and true equity for all people living in our communities. We act by tackling the structural barriers to equity from past and present systemic racism that have impeded the health, safety and wellbeing of traditionally marginalized people.