****Recruiters or Agencies will not be considered for this position***
The CPBU Sales Director is a key contributor to the CPBU Sales Organization with cooperation of other departments. This individual should accomplish a fast-growing Communications sales pipeline and revenue growth with our unique communications products. Work with Key Customer contacts as well as Skorpios Engineering, Operations and Executive Teams to exceed corporate objectives for sales growth and revenue.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential responsibilities.
- Develop and execute Sales strategy for Skorpios Communications Products business.
- Solid understanding of optical communications Business; especially as relates to optical devices.
- Develop and execute sales plans for key accounts utilizing distributor network and direct contacts
- Generate new business, maximizing opportunities with existing clients.
- Understanding of clients' requirements, developing relationships, coordinating corporate resources, and closing sales on schedule.
- Track opportunities and maintain good electronic records of customer interactions in Skorpios CRM.
- In addition to technical contacts at customers, grow Skorpios’ relationship with top customer management.
- Maintain aggressive sales forecasts
- Identify market conditions and competitor’s activities for Skorpios strategy.
- Focus will be on closing skills and meeting/exceeding sales goals.
- Work with inside sales, engineering, and operations teams to provide an outstanding experience for our customers.
- Excellent leadership and people management
- Opportunity tracking in CRM
- Exceptional communications/interpersonal skills with customers, Skorpios divisions and executives
- Oral/written/spoken proficiency in English
- Strong technical fluency photonics devices for optical communications.
- Strong preference for Mandarin fluency to interact with global customers.
Initially will supervise distributor network in Asia. Will be responsible for growing direct sales presence in Asia.
Work is primarily performed in a temperature-controlled, open cubicle setting. Expected to visit customers, and relevant tradeshows. Frequent interruptions and conversational noise can be expected. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, stand, walk and sit. The employee may be required to drive a passenger automobile and occasionally required to travel out-of-town via automobile (leased or owned), commercial airline or other standard form of public transportation. Out-of-town travel will require overnight lodging in hotel/motel properties for continuous days as required. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Prolong periods of working at a desk and on a computer. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance Requirements
Must meet ITAR Citizenship requirements
Company Paid Life Insurance
Company Paid Disability (New Mexico)
Generous PTO Plan
Generous Holiday Plan (includes Birthday Leave)
Cell Phone Stipend for qualified positions
Required Education and Experience
- BS/BA (Technical Degree Preferred)
- Over seven years of experience in photonics industry, mainly focused on optical components
Travel < 40%, mostly domestic anticipated.