Who We Are:
FFB is an award-winning, single-branch bank that originated in Fresno, CA. Since its opening in 2005, FFB’s mission has been to provide customers with 1st class banking services. At FFB, we understand that every person who walks through our doors is unique. Therefore, we strive to provide each customer with a carefully crafted banking solution that is tailored to their individual needs. It's with this customer-first mentality that FFB has become one of the leading community banks in the nation.
Despite being headquartered in Fresno, CA, members of the FFB team come from all over the country! Since we believe that people are our greatest asset, we are always seeking ambitious, passionate candidates who share FFB’s goals and values regardless of where they live. If you feel that you could be a great addition to our team, then we encourage you to reach out and apply!
Recent Awards and Recognitions:
- Voted Best Bank by Best of Central California People's Choice 2022
- Rated the #10 Community Bank in the Nation
- Ranked #6 on American Banker’s Top Publicly Traded Community Banks List 2022
What You Should Expect While Working at FFB:
- Company ownership through our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- A friendly, close-Knit work culture that encourages growth
- Opportunities to Participate in Community Networking Events
- Benefits Package
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Training & Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Internal Job Posting & Referral Program
FFB prides itself on its core values of Teamwork, Relationship, Authenticity, and Commitment (TRAC). We expect that our team members will reflect these values in the workplace in various ways:
- Teamwork – We collaborate, hold each other accountable, and win together.
- Relationship – We are trustworthy, transparent, and respectful.
- Authentic – We are humble, vulnerable, and we speak up.
- Commitment – We are owners...Be hungry, responsive, and have a sense of urgency.
About the Position:
The Training Specialist is responsible for conducting the training and educational programs for the Bank and ensuring all employees receive the necessary training and opportunities for professional growth. This position will support employee development, design of the Bank’s training program, and assessment of the Bank’s training effectiveness.
- Collaborate with department heads and senior management to identify training needs based on job roles, regulatory changes, technological advancements, and organizational goals.
- Work closely with subject matter experts within the bank to ensure the accuracy and relevance of the training content.
- Develop comprehensive training programs including onboarding programs for new hires, technical training for different departments (e.g., customer service, risk management), leadership development, and more.
- Develop roadmap for systems training including facilitator guides, e-learning modules, participant workbooks, presentations, on-the -job training and written job aids.
- Determine the most effective training methods including in-person sessions, e-learning modules, workshops, simulations, or a blend of these approaches.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, regulations, and best practices to ensure that training materials are current.
- Coordinate and conduct training sessions for employees at various levels within the bank by leveraging a variety of instructional techniques to engage participants and promote effective learning.
- Monitor and assess all training sessions to ensure that the content is effectively delivered and understood using methods such as quizzes, assignments, and simulations to measure employees' understanding of the training content.
- Analyze training data and metrics to assess the impact of training on employee performance and overall organizational goals. Track participation and present results to management.
- Work with employees to create individual development plans that align with their career aspirations and the bank's needs and identify opportunities for employees to attend external seminars, workshops, and conferences that can enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Work closely with the Compliance team to ensure employees are well-versed in banking regulations, compliance protocols, and ethical standards and develop training programs that educate employees about regulatory changes and their implications.
- Maintain strong communication with various departments to understand their evolving training needs and foster collaboration among different teams to share best practices and ensure consistent training approaches.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and processes, and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules and regulations, and adheres to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) responsibilities that are specific to the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources/training development or, or Human Resources Certification preferred.
- Minimum 2-5 years of previous hands-on professional training management experience including building, implementing, delivering, assessing training programs.
- Prior experience working for a financial institution preferred.
- Advanced interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization.
- Strong presentation skills as well as excellent planning and time management skills.
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and keep up with industry training standards/practices.
- Strong understanding of training metrics and analysis and the ability to present information to all levels of management.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development programs.
- Ability to articulate the mission, goals, and priorities strategically and within the context of the Bank’s training programs.