Weavers Way is a not-for-profit organization that’s doing things differently to support our local community. As a member-owned co-op, we don’t exist just to make money. Weavers Way operates on a triple bottom line philosophy known as People-Planet-Profit - which means every action we take, we strive to benefit people (our community, employees, and local vendors), planet (we strive to be one of the most sustainable places around!), and profit (so we can support our team members and operate as a business). By joining us, you’re helping us fulfill our mission of keeping dollars in our local community, supporting over 300 local food vendors, and being a part of strengthening and enriching the people and planet.
Join us as a Full-Time Meat Cutter!
A successful Meat Cutter will be able to provide high-quality meats and services to our customers. The Meat Cutter will perform quality inspections, use meat grinders, knives, saws, and other tools to cut meat down into smaller portions, weigh, price, and package cuts, and ensure that displays and signage are attractive and eye-catching. You will also speak to customers to determine their needs, provide advice regarding proper cuts of meat and preparation methods, and coordinate pickups or deliveries.
To succeed as a Meat Cutter, you should be courteous, knowledgeable, and detail-oriented. You should have excellent communication skills and a strong understanding of meat quality, cuts, and preparation.
A hiring bonus will be provided to external candidates who successfully complete 90 days of employment!
- Cutting, grinding and preparing meats for sale.
- Cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment and ensuring displays and signage are accurate and attractive.
- Weighing, packaging, pricing, and displaying products.
- Keeping records, budgets, and inventory.
- Performing quality inspections on meats and other products.
- Negotiating and confirming orders with suppliers.
- Adhering to food safety and sanitation controls.
- Greeting and speaking to customers, providing advice, answering questions, and accepting orders or payments.
- Coordinating deliveries or order pickups.
- A flexible schedule, including evening and weekend availability.
- Be, or become upon hiring, a member in good standing of Weavers Way Co-op
- Food preparation or meat cutting experience.
- Ability to use hand tools, stand or walk for extending periods, lift heavy items, and work in cold environments.
- Knowledge of meat preparation techniques and cuts.
- Strong communication, task management, and customer service skills.