U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Federation’s core principles set organization-wide standards to identify and foster our culture and inform how we interact and hold each other accountable. These principles guide U.S. Soccer: We Win Together. We Aim High. We Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. To be successful as a USSF employee, it is critical to demonstrate and live up to these principles every day and with every interaction with peers, stakeholders, and partners.
The Federation’s core values are the individual attributes and characteristics that staff embody to uphold the organization’s principles and succeed. These values guide our employees: Integrity. Commitment. Teamwork. Respect
Reporting into the Director, Sporting Operations, the Team Manager, WNT, ensures that the day-to-day operational environment for players, coaches, and staff meets the highest standard of care for a world-class sports team. The position focuses on providing the players, coaches, and team staff the best possible environment to win.
- Manage all aspects of planning and execution of all team operations and logistics such as team travel, hotels, meals, security, training sites, and stadium requirements
- Prepare and manage team budget including but not limited to hotel expenses, flights, ground transportation, training sites, and scouting
- Coordinate administrative processes for WNT player contract and allocation status, including but not limited to payroll, health insurance, and relocation expenses
- Provide resources and support within budget to the coaching and medical staff to ensure the optimum technical preparation of the team
- Interface with the Director, Sporting Operations, WNT Head Coach and Sporting Director on all scheduling and team environment requirements and objectives
- Oversee the management and administration of all pertinent issues contained in the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
- Provide logistical support to coaches engaged in scouting domestic and international games
- Interface with foreign Federations and U.S. Embassies and Consulates on all operational details of away matches
- Secure visas as needed for international travel
- Secure player releases from foreign and domestic clubs before pre-determined FIFA deadlines for International friendlies, Concacaf and FIFA tournaments
- Onboard and/or manage as necessary the deployment of network and full-time team staff in the camp including but not limited to Equipment Manager, Team Physician, Trainers, Massage Therapists, Security Officer, Chef, and Sports Psychologist
- Partner with equipment staff to evaluate and deliver team equipment to players and team staff
- Negotiate and manage charter flight contracts
- Conduct site surveys on future venues to ensure hotel, meals and training facilities meet WNT standards
- Manage all aspects of delegation preparation, logistical planning, and compliance for the FIFA Women’s World Cup, Summer Olympic Games, CONCACAF Regional Tournaments, and domestic-based tournaments
- Coordinate with FIFA, Concacaf and the USOPC on all pre-tournament briefings and in-tournament requirements
- Other related duties and assignments as required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- General knowledge of soccer
- Capable of working in fast-paced and demanding environments
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow
- Must be able to connect “micro” details to the “macro” vision and mission
- Ability to deliver high-quality work and execute under pressure and deadlines
- Detailed oriented and meticulous work style
- Excellent written and verbal communication combined with a professional demeanor
- Excellent work ethic and relentless desire to contribute to the team’s success on the field
- Experience in managing a budget, travel (domestic and international) and operations for an elite sports team
- Uncompromising ethical standards, trustworthy and discreet
- 5+ years of experience serving as team operations lead in a club, league, federation or similar
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Proficient experience with administrative processes including payroll and budget
- Able and willing to travel up to 50% of the year, domestic and international
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, MBA
- Bilingual (English, Spanish, or other)
- Elevated critical thinking skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and a proven ability to collaborate with others
- Achievement-oriented and confident with a drive to succeed
- Thorough institutional knowledge of U.S. Soccer’s mission, goals, technical plan, policies, practices, and procedures
- Previous experience with a club or national team
U.S Soccer is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, military status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected under the law. This policy applies to all our employment practices within our organization.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQIA, veterans, parents, and persons with disabilities to apply.